Value of: Aaron Ekblad to Edmonton

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Edmonton would love Ekblad. Or Werenksi. Or Trouba. Or Parayko. We just dont have the assets. Cant give up much of anything off the roster. We cant score and can barely defend as it is. Doubt FLA would even consider draft picks and prospects. Cap hit is also a huge problem. For that matter, Ekblads concussion history scares the heck out of me.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
That's a no go from Edmonton.

That’s actually a pretty decent offer for Edmonton

Dari is the most valuable but the 2nd and 3rd most valuable pieces are coming to them. Trochek is very underrated and that would make them a better team even though losing Drai would sting

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Take a look at the other threads. There seems to be one per thread. I thought it was odd because I think pretty highly of Nurse.
I've been pretty active this week. The only mention of Nurse that I recall was by me - and it was in the "who do we leave unprotected if the expansion draft is today" thread, and it came down to Nurse or Klefbom because of Chiarelli's stupid no trade clauses. Regardless, I don't think Oiler fans are keen to move on from Nurse, even if one or two guys have posted about it.

EDIT- Are you referring to the Nurse thread where the OP wants to package him for Ehlers or Pietrangelo? I don't think its fair to claim that we're trying to dump Nurse when the only posts about him are for upgrades - upgrades that the other teams certainly won't want to part with.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I don’t see Ek being available, with his large cap hit and his need to work on aspects of his game that he just hasn’t yet. He’s slow and punches often, getting himself either caught down low or plain flat footed and he can’t recover.

If he can work on his speed and some of his decision making he’ll be the elite guy we want/need him to be. Soup, like several other guys he was paired with, did a great job as his partner and covered up his mistakes.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
The oilers have nothing to offer. Draisaitl is the only thing they’d do, and Edm most likely doesn’t do that. So we just aren’t good trade partners. At least for something bigger like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad