NFL: Aaron Donald retires

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
8 of them were first team all pro’s, Rams legend.
Canton awaits for Aaron Donald, what an absolute beast of a DT.
Him and Torry Holt will most likely be the last St. Louis Rams to go in (I know AD was only here 2 years but we still claim him damn it).

Hell of a career

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
He realized he was in the usual hell cycle of the Rams and better to get out now than waste further resources on the Titanic. Every 19-20 years, the Rams escape hell cycle and taste heaven for one year before being kicked back down into hell.

Next time Rams threaten or win a Super Bowl: around 2040.
Don’t forget the part where they move to a new city, and then win about ~5 years or so later :sarcasm:

I'm sad as a Rams fan. I remember watching him from his first days in St. Louis, seeing this man, one day younger than I am, kicking ass and taking names. I went to the Edward Jones Dome to watch him stuffing Marshawn Lynch on the fourth and short in overtime in the 2015 opener. I will always tell my grand-nephews and grand-nieces that AD was the best player - not just defensive tackle, but player - I've ever watched in my lifetime.

One of the most dominant defensive tackles of all time, definitely the most dominant defensive players of his time, and an easy first-ballot Hall of Famer.
I remember thinking “D-line again?! We just drafted Quinn and Brockers and have Chris Long!” :laugh:

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
He realized he was in the usual hell cycle of the Rams and better to get out now than waste further resources on the Titanic. Every 19-20 years, the Rams escape hell cycle and taste heaven for one year before being kicked back down into hell.

Next time Rams threaten or win a Super Bowl: around 2040.
The rams could be the worst team and the league and still give the Seahawks fits though. Seem to be Seattle's bogey team

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Could be argued as the best defensive player let alone DT

He would be in the conversation with Reggie White and Joe Greene but when it comes to greatest defensive player in history, LT is in a class by himself. Aaron Donald isn’t close to that level of domination.

Reactions: Voight

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Him and Torry Holt will most likely be the last St. Louis Rams to go in (I know AD was only here 2 years but we still claim him damn it).

Hell of a career

Honestly feel that Steven Jackson is just as deserving of the Hall. He's got more yards and yards from scrimmage than a lot of the players in the Hall, playing in a passing league (unlike a lot of HOF running backs), and playing on a horrific team (also unlike a lot of HOF running backs).

Reactions: frisco

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Honestly feel that Steven Jackson is just as deserving of the Hall. He's got more yards and yards from scrimmage than a lot of the players in the Hall, playing in a passing league (unlike a lot of HOF running backs), and playing on a horrific team (also unlike a lot of HOF running backs).
Oh trust me, I’d love to see him get in. I just dont think he’ll ever get any media push because he was in a smaller market on terrible teams.

Maybe he’s one of those guys that gets in in like 20 years, or if there is something like baseballs senior committee.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
He would be in the conversation with Reggie White and Joe Greene but when it comes to greatest defensive player in history, LT is in a class by himself. Aaron Donald isn’t close to that level of domination.
Defensive Player Of The Year (top fives--goes back to 1971):

Sanders 1-3-5

Watt 1-1-1

Lewis 1-1-3-3-5-5

LT 1-1-1-2-4

Mean Joe 1-1-3-5

Ed Reed 1-3

Reggie White 1-1-2-2-3-3-4

Aaron Donald 1-1-1-2-3-4-5

Lambert 1-3-4-5

Singeltary 1-1-5

Donald is my guy. I wouldn't go as far as state he's outright the best defensive player ever. I would say there is nobody CLEARLY better than him.

My Best-Carey

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Defensive Player Of The Year (top fives--goes back to 1971):

Sanders 1-3-5

Watt 1-1-1

Lewis 1-1-3-3-5-5

LT 1-1-1-2-4

Mean Joe 1-1-3-5

Ed Reed 1-3

Reggie White 1-1-2-2-3-3-4

Aaron Donald 1-1-1-2-3-4-5

Lambert 1-3-4-5

Singeltary 1-1-5

Donald is my guy. I wouldn't go as far as state he's outright the best defensive player ever. I would say there is nobody CLEARLY better than him.

My Best-Carey

I’m guessing you never had the opportunity to LT play. Because if you had, you’d know that there’s no comparison between he and Aaron Donald.

Forget about defensive player of the year awards - - LT was MVP of the league. And that was in a year when Montana, Elway, Marino and Rice were all in their prime.

Not just the best defensive player. The best player in the league on either side of the ball. Let that sink in for a minute.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I’m guessing you never had the opportunity to LT play. Because if you had, you’d know that there’s no comparison between he and Aaron Donald.

Forget about defensive player of the year awards - - LT was MVP of the league. And that was in a year when Montana, Elway, Marino and Rice were all in their prime.

Not just the best defensive player. The best player in the league on either side of the ball. Let that sink in for a minute.
LT was phenomenal. I saw him play his entire career. Donald was slightly better.

My Best-Carey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad