Confirmed with Link: Aaron Dell on waivers

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
No one is claiming Dell, he's absolute trash. I'll set the bar a little lower, Hopefully he's played his last game as a Sabre. That'd be just fine by me. We've had a several bad goaltenders come through here post-Miller and this guy is legitimately in the running for the worst of that bunch.
I can't think of anyone worse

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Can anybody claim the guy now?
Looking for a fridge-tender for someone who needs to lose weight. Job would require hitting everyone who tries to open the fridge door after 6 pm.
Asking for a friend.

cashinstinct

Cash is King
Jul 2, 2014
Montréal could claim him, they need bodies to keep losing

Price and Allen are injured

Montembeault Is injured too, but still plays
Primeau needs to go the AHL full time

McNiven is on taxi squad and the team does not want to play him , and he is a little injured too

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Bad rebound control.....or maybe we should have been firing guys into Dell instead of the sun for all these years?
Worst rebound control I may have ever seen from a goalie playingnonthe Sabres. Really makes it difficult on the defense. This team already has enough issues playing sound defensive hockey. A goalie that sucks with their rebound control is NOT welcome!!!

Does this mean Anderson is back? The tweets wont load for me on hfboards for some reason. I never thought Id be so relieved that Craig f***ing Anderson at the age of 40 some odd years old would give me a sense of relief that he'll be starting between the pipes. These last few years sure have been weird.
You guys don't think that deep red color is all because of rebounds right? Dell is bad and has bad rebound control, but the defense in front of him was historically bad letting historic numbers of shots from the slot be taken.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

FWIW, Dell is 5-0 this year in Rochester with 2.76 GAA and 0.910 SV%.

I'm hoping that Anderson and Tokarski stay healthy and that UPL gets healthy so that Dell can finish his time in the organization in Rochester and never need to play in Buffalo again.

I mean we've run out of bad luck, right?

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Consider that Dell isn't available to play a game for the Sabres until February 10th, it makes sense to get him to Rochester sooner than later.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Consider that Dell isn't available to play a game for the Sabres until February 10th, it makes sense to get him to Rochester sooner than later.
Perfect time to have him clear waivers, too. GMs probably don't want the trouble, and anyone fishing for a Dell type goalie needs something NOW, not later. I don't think the Sabres are done with him

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Perfect time to have him clear waivers, too. GMs probably don't want the trouble, and anyone fishing for a Dell type goalie needs something NOW, not later. I don't think the Sabres are done with him

I doubt he sees time in Buffalo again, but Apps has talked about Dell's presence in Rochester as being a good one trying to help the kids learn how goalies deal with shooting tendencies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I doubt he sees time in Buffalo again, but Apps has talked about Dell's presence in Rochester as being a good one trying to help the kids learn how goalies deal with shooting tendencies.

You would hope they turned a corner with their goal tending depth and injuries/covid protocol. Not sure teams would be interested in any of the sabres depth around the deadline, but that another factor that could be unpredictable.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
FWIW, Dell is 5-0 this year in Rochester with 2.76 GAA and 0.910 SV%.

I'm hoping that Anderson and Tokarski stay healthy and that UPL gets healthy so that Dell can finish his time in the organization in Rochester and never need to play in Buffalo again.

I mean we've run out of bad luck, right?

You probably just cursed us!

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Dell 1st star tonight for Rochester.

35 saves on 36 shots. His best game so far.
6-0 for season.

He's going to earn himself an AHL contract next season if he keeps this up.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Rochester American's color analyst Ric Seiling had a crazy take on the Dell suspension.

He felt that Dell didn't push him hard enough for him to fall like that. He thought that Batherson was trying to embellish the hit and got himself into trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad