CFL: AAF blocking CFL teams from signing their ex-players

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bombers signed an AAF guy yesterday I'm guessing that contract is what triggered this? What the hell is wrong with the AAF. Ridiculous.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
From what I understand the only AAF players that can go to the CFL are ones that got released prior to the league folding. Terrell Sinkfield is an example of this.

AAF contracts allowed for players to go to the NFL in the off season which is why they're allowed to sign. There was never an agreement with the CFL for this. I don't think AAF players can even sign in the arena league or overseas.

Very low by the AAF and they have a low bar to begin with.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're probably viewing the contracts as assets for bankruptcy.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Lol, sign them anyway. What is the AAF gonna do, sue you? Dudes had a hard enough time making payroll for 8 weeks. There's gonna be like 4 guys still linked to AAF operating left standing 4-5 months from now. You think they're gonna pony up league fees? I don't.

Shitty thing to do to the players though. Not surprising from that joke of a "league".

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
They are on multi year deals though, I suppose they could say they plan on relaunching next year
It shouldn't matter how long the contracts are, if the players aren't being paid it's no longer an enforceable contract. Did the league pay the players through the end of the season? If not, can't imagine these contracts are enforceable

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Moose Johnston was on a radio show pretty much saying the league founders lied about having enough money for multiple seasons, and he is going to be a witness in some lawsuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad