AAA Level (Midget, Bantam, Peewee)

baronbaik

Mar 12, 2014
Sarajevo
What is 'AAA' (specifically Minor Midget, Bantam, and maybe Peewee) hockey like for kids today?

1. How many practices per week?
2. Do they do just on ice practice, or do they do video sessions like the pros?
3. Does each 'AAA' player go to the gym during the week, or do only the best players go the gym?
4. Is there an offseason program? If so, what's the training schedule like in the offseason?
5. How does the organization select the head coach? Is it still some kid's dad or do most 'AAA' coaches have experience with the NHL (ex. Paul Coffey Toronto Marlies)?

I'm primarily curious about the GTHL, but comments about other 'AAA' leagues are welcome.

theshawnster999

Mar 23, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
In my city for Bantam you have 6 practices a week that are pretty much only on ice, you might have a few video sessions. The players don't have to go to the gym, but it is recommended. And I'm not sure about an off season program, a lot of players play Lacrosse in the off season. And not very many coaches have NHL experience, but a lot have had a high Junior carrer or have coached Junior

baronbaik

Mar 12, 2014
Sarajevo
In my city for Bantam you have 6 practices a week that are pretty much only on ice, you might have a few video sessions. The players don't have to go to the gym, but it is recommended. And I'm not sure about an off season program, a lot of players play Lacrosse in the off season. And not very many coaches have NHL experience, but a lot have had a high Junior carrer or have coached Junior

Thanks shawnster. That sounds intense. I had one more question:

How long does the 6 practices/week run for? September to April?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad