AAA 2015 expected to begin in October

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
bain11.jpg

The all-time great Dan Bain and his Winnipeg Victorias won the Stanley Cup in 1896 and 1901.

AAA 2015
The draft likely begins in October

This is a history-oriented draft of players from all eras who were great and are to be honoured by being selected to play in an all-time context: It's a massive 'what-if' scenario where players from every era of hockey history, at the highest levels of competition, are drafted to play in epic counterfactual all-time competition. Any player from any league or era are eligible as long as they were not at all drafted in the ATD 2015 (that means add/drops are ineligible too) and MLD 2015. Player selection should be based on what they have done (the 'next best' draft, so to speak, the greatest all-time careers not honored by being picked in the main ATD 2015 draft or MLD 2015), and not what they will do in the future, though it's understood that there is a bit of historical hypothetical projection with players whose careers were cut short by injury or war.

The draft will last 25 rounds. You must draft 2 goalies, 6 defensemen, 12 forwards and a coach, with 4 additional picks to be used for whatever position(s) you want.

Trading is allowed. Trades must be equal in numbers, 2 picks for 2 picks, 1 player and a pick for 2 picks, and so on. Really lopsided trades can be vetoed.

Make ONE pick PER DAY, anytime during the day after 10:00 a.m. eastern time. If you miss a day, simply make up the pick when you can (e.g., two the following day).

Suggestion: POST A REASON OR STATISTIC OR DESCRIPTION WITH YOUR PICK to aid discussion and let us know a bit about the pick, as many may not be household names, especially from other eras.

Players could be traded if team needs change. At the end of the draft a team could pick up an undrafted UFA and simply discard a draft pick.

The number of teams that make the playoffs will depend on the number that qualify for the postseason. To qualify, a team must meet this all-time draft roster condition: Have on the team at least ONE player from each of the following all-time hockey periods:

1916 or earlier
1917-1942
1943-1965
1966-1979
1980-1994
1995-2004
2005-2014
in 2015 (ANY active/nonretired pro player with 300-plus games pro experience regardless of when he began his career)

The very first game ever played in a top pro league defines which time period for the required condition (so, an eighties player whose NHL or SEL rookie season started in 1979 would meet the 1966-79 time period requirement).

On another front, there will be an all-star team voted on after the regular season.

Sign-up list:

1. tony d - Rum River Renegades
2. BubbaBoot - City Point Clovers
3. VanIslander & Hedberg - Selkirk Fishermen
4. ResilientBeast - Edmonton Oil Kings
5. chaosrevolver - Belleville Bulls
6. seventieslord - TBA

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
(mod - list of ineligible picks edited out post-draft for search function purposes)

Last edited by a moderator:

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
Some City Point Clovers history:

Senior "Amateur"(*koff) summer hockey team that came out of South Boston in 1973 and were later based in a few other South Shore Boston area towns. Originally known as the Lynchmen, they later became the Clovers when the moved to Quincy, MA.

At last count, that I've been able to track down, various Clovers have been:
- 2 USA Olympic Gold medalists (and 2 others that were last cuts)
- 3 WHAers (at least)
- 23 NHLers -
(1 HoFer)
(5 with over 1000+ games played)
(7 all-stars)
(7 Stanley Cup winners)
(at least 3 bonafide tough guys, one of whom led the NHL in PIMs twice and is one of the top career leaders in both regular and post season PIMs....and another that was 2x 300+PIMs and 4x 200+ PIMs in a season)

We're ready....

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The voting is skewed earlier rather than later. I switch my vote to October 1st, which makes it the majority and accommodates those who want a later start.

Start date: October 1st.

It's a democratic and reasonable compromise, isn't it?

Last edited:

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
The voting is skewed earlier rather than later. I switch my vote to October 1st, which makes it the majority and accommodates those who want a later start.

Start date: October 1st.

It's a democratic and reasonable compromise, isn't it?

No complaints from me

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I wasn't planning on making my return, but it seems you guys could use some people and I was planning on getting back into this next ATD.

Belleville Bulls

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
theokritos is replying!!!!

please please please please please tell me this means he's joining.

theo has to be #1 with a bullet on the list of people we wish would join an ATD but never have.

(I'd have MS, dark shadows and Jack Slater on the list too, in case anyone's wondering)

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
theokritos is replying!!!!

please please please please please tell me this means he's joining.

theo has to be #1 with a bullet on the list of people we wish would join an ATD but never have.

(I'd have MS, dark shadows and Jack Slater on the list too, in case anyone's wondering)

Thanks but I am actually working on an alphabetical list of your ineligible players that would make it easier for your guys to look up who's out. That's why I am "replying" here. Sorry to disappoint you.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Thanks but I am actually working on an alphabetical list of your ineligible players that would make it easier for your guys to look up who's out. That's why I am "replying" here. Sorry to disappoint you.

Using excel, I hope?

I can think of a way to do this in excel using text to columns with dashes as a delimiter, then another one with the name field with space as a delimited. Probably five minutes at most. So hopefully you're not spending too much time on this!

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Using excel, I hope?

I can think of a way to do this in excel using text to columns with dashes as a delimiter, then another one with the name field with space as a delimited. Probably five minutes at most. So hopefully you're not spending too much time on this!

It's been a while since I've really used excel for anything other than the real basic stuff, so no, I'm actually spending too much time on this at the moment. But now that you mention it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad