AAA 2013 Sign-up thread

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Draft start date: October 25th at 7:00 am eastern.

Feel free to post your team name any time.

1. Dave G - Warroad Lakers
2. VanIslander - Rideau Hall Rebels
3. Hobnobs - London Lions
4. jkrx - Michigan Wolverines
5. BubbaBoot - Boston Cubs
6. tony d - Atlanta Knights
7. seventieslord - Regina Direwolves
8. chaosrevolver - Belleville MacFarlands
9. DemonsOnIce96 - Dawson City Nuggets
10. Hedberg - Rome Frenzy
11. Rob Scuderi -Pittsburgh Yellow Jackets
12. BudsBuster - Birmingham Barracudas
13. ted1971 - Blackwood Bullies

We need one more!

Last edited:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I can do it but would prefer Oct 25, 1 pick per day.

The 1 pick per day was nice cause things moved smoothly, it was casual and people could pick based on their schedule.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Both me and my grandpa is intrested.
I'm willing to assist jkrx with making sure he doesn't miss any picks if he would like me to. I'm not looking to be a Co-GM though.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Option 3. By the 25th I'll be back from my vacation and would be able to enter. 1 pick a day is good as well and puts no one at a disadvantage.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Um, if we're worried about the timing of picks giving people an "advantage", then why would we not just take turns like we do in every other draft?

If you wanna make a pick per day, go for it, but the justification for it is pretty out there, considering that system does the exact opposite of what you're claiming.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Um, if we're worried about the timing of picks giving people an "advantage", then why would we not just take turns like we do in every other draft?

If you wanna make a pick per day, go for it, but the justification for it is pretty out there, considering that system does the exact opposite of what you're claiming.

I definitly look at the AAA more casually and a pick per day benefits that.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Pick order really doesn't matter much in the depth drafts.

We had one-pick-a-day drafting in:

And it worked well.

We have 5 votes for a pick a day and none have voted against it. If any GM who wants to join is concerned and in the minority vote against the idea, perhaps a compromise could be made: the first two rounds could be by draft order and a pick a day thereafter.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Pick order really doesn't matter much in the depth drafts.

We had one-pick-a-day drafting in:

And it worked well.

We have 5 votes for a pick a day and none have voted against it. If any GM who wants to join is concerned and in the minority vote against the idea, perhaps a compromise could be made: the first two rounds could be by draft order and a pick a day thereafter.

nah, that's really not necessary. We can do what the majority wants. I just would prefer not to see "fairness" used as a reason why, when a system where we're not taking turns is inherently less fair than a system where we are.

I realize this probably doesn't matter when we're talking about the 1200-1400th best players.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I would like to be a part of the AAA, but my most intense semester of undergrad is this fall, so I won't be able to participate. But I'll try to lurk every once in awhile and try to offer some insight. Best of luck to the draft participants.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
I'll be around. Not fielding a team -- or partnering up on one for that matter due to class and work right now -- but if any of you guys want me to do a little bit of research feel free to shoot me a PM, just can't promise a fully immediate response.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
I'll be around. Not fielding a team -- or partnering up on one for that matter due to class and work right now -- but if any of you guys want me to do a little bit of research feel free to shoot me a PM, just can't promise a fully immediate response.

This is what I'd be available to do as well, my activity in the MLD proved that unfortunately I probably can only devote a serious amount of time to one draft per year, which will always be the ATD. I'd rather not have you guys waiting on skipped picks just because I'm not able to make them. I'd definitely be a consultant for a team if they are looking for a few extra eyes.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
I'm in as well. I don't really care if we go with a clock or pick a day so I probably won't vote.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I can be around assuming we start on the 25th. I'm on tour with a symphony literally for the middle of the draft otherwise.

Warroad Lakers

1995_Warroad_Lakers_1024x1024.jpg

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I voted for option 1 but Im obviously fine with 25th
Since you're the only one who voted for the 1st, are fine with the 25th, and both tony d and Dave G will be away in October but are available by the 25th, ....

Draft start date: October 25th at 7:00 am eastern.

Let's shoot for 12 to 16 teams (6 to 8 per division).

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll manage the Rideau Hall Rebels.

The Rideau Hall Rebels or, by its full name, the Vice-Regal and Parliamentary Hockey Club was one of the first ice hockey teams in Canada. The team was based out of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and named after Rideau Hall, a Canadian governmental building, the residence of the Governor General. This team introduced ice hockey to then Canadian Governor General Lord Stanley, who would later donate the Stanley Cup championship trophy.

Organized by James Creighton in 1884, the team consisted of young Canadian parliamentarians and government 'aides-de camp' including Mr. Creighton and William and Arthur Stanley, sons of Lord Stanley. This group of players would travel to matches around Ontario in the Governor-General's private rail-car.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad