PP1: Horton - Malone - Kessel - Mironov - Brisebois
PP2: Sturm - Semenov - Flett - McCarthy - Stuart
PK1: Sturm - Wood - Stuart - Beauchemin
PK2: Ysebaert - Cleary - Brisebois - Patrick​

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I'll throw the first barb - I think this might be the worst group of centers, 1-4, that I've seen in one of these things. (in relation to the players available for top and bottom six roles in the draft, that is) The four of them earned a combined 8 all-star votes, Ysebaert leading the way with four.

Malone's a good player, but to be an effective scorer it would have to be at the AA level. He'd make an ok bottom line player though. Semenov I'm not really feeling. Ysebaert is decent but I've never understood what gets him selected where he does (does he get a lot of mileage out of his big +/- year?) and Wood isn't even a center.

there are definitely redeeming qualities to this team, too, but that stands out to me a lot.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Just one quick match-up note here. Phil Kessel is St. John's most dangerous offensive threat, but he's also known to be easily intimidated.

In this series, Kessel will be going head-to-head with Alexandre Burrows. It's a perfect match for us. In addition to being able to keep up with Kessel, Burrows is going to make life hell for him. Kessel is going to spend the whole series getting hit, bumped, pushed, shoved, hacked, whacked, slashed, speared, bit, yelled at, taunted - he's in for a rough ride here.

In addition to Burrows, Kessel will spend a lot of time going against Mark Hardy. Hardy's is an in-your-face physical player who is also going to make Kessel's like a living hell.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
And the winner is...

Regina in 4 games!

Three Stars:
1st star: Petr Sykora
2nd star: Mike Bullard
3rd star: Cesare Maniago

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Wish I could have put up more of a fight here, but I can't say I have any idea what ammo I had. Dreak and Seventies have a great team here, and I put myself squarely behind the 8-ball by picking the wrong center in the first round. Like drafting Igor Larianov in the first round of the ATD. It's just one wrong pick, but it had tons of consequences going forward as to what kind of team was built.

Anyway, looking at players available at this level has been a blast, and I can't wait to get back to more comfortable territory in the ATD!

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Wish I could have put up more of a fight here, but I can't say I have any idea what ammo I had. Dreak and Seventies have a great team here, and I put myself squarely behind the 8-ball by picking the wrong center in the first round. Like drafting Igor Larianov in the first round of the ATD. It's just one wrong pick, but it had tons of consequences going forward as to what kind of team was built.

Anyway, looking at players available at this level has been a blast, and I can't wait to get back to more comfortable territory in the ATD!

you did pwn me in one way in this draft, by having a better working knowledge of which songs credited to "Lennon/McCartney" were written by which. It's something I'm still working on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad