Value of: AA to NYR

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I would assume the cost would be a 2nd round pick + B prospect or a late first.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
De

Det needs everything.

Yeah, no. This is the kind of thing that gets people offering middle 6 wingers and bottom 4 D-men. We have plenty of both.

AA can't fetch anywhere near a top line talent on his own and sure as hell wont draw NYR's first. Maybe Tampa's if they really want him bad, but I doubt they do.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah, no. This is the kind of thing that gets people offering middle 6 wingers and bottom 4 D-men. We have plenty of both.

AA can't fetch anywhere near a top line talent on his own and sure as hell wont draw NYR's first. Maybe Tampa's if they really want him bad, but I doubt they do.

So is there a match?
Also, if no match 1:1 is there a package that jointly works?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

We don't want him THAT bad, but he would be a good fit with Nieves and a speedy LW. We'd bite at the right price, around fair value, not much more. But what is that?

ps - what about this? Wings are only 3 ahead at 6 than Rangers' 8OA.
Can NY pay to move up 3 slots?

NYR 2018 1st 9OA + DeAngelo elc + Namest. + Spooner (both RFAs) + both 2018 2nds [NYR + NJD]
for
DRW 2018 1st 6OA + AA [RFA] + Helm [cap dump, 3 yrs remaining at 3.385] + three 2018 3rds [DRW + PHI + PIT]

that looks balanced...

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
We don't want him THAT bad, but he would be a good fit with Nieves and a speedy LW. We'd bite at the right price, around fair value, not much more. But what is that?

NYR 2018 1st 9OA + DeAngelo elc + Namest. + Spooner (both RFAs) + both 2018 2nds [NYR + NJD]
for
DRW 2018 1st 6OA + AA [RFA] + Helm [cap dump, 3 yrs remaining at 3.385] + three 2018 3rds [DRW + PHI + PIT]

that looks balanced...

This went from determining a value for AA to a trade with 12 pieces? Just stop.........come on.

How about a 2nd rd pick and a B prospect for AA? or for ADA straight up?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

for

that looks balanced...
You created an interesting proposal, and then you killed it.

This is why we can’t have nice things, Bern. Because of your unrealistic 12 asset proposals.

More: Realism
Less: Nonsense

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
You knew it would go there.
I'd offer a 2nd and Rykov or Lindgren. If that doesn't get it done, so be it.
You haven't even gotten these guys into a training camp and you're ready to deal them. This is exactly how Ryan McDonough wound up a Ranger. SMH. No, thank you.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
Came here to post that NYR don't really need centers, but then I looked at capfriendly and the ONLY NHL center that's signed through next year is Zib.
We have Chytil and Andersson in the works. Capfriendly lists Letteri as a center, and Nieves is also in our depth chart, but now I at least understand this proposal, for...you know...a left hand shot AA.
Why OP thought he was right-handed amidst all of the insane proposals OP makes is beyond me. Bern, it's almost as if you don't know your stuff...

And this proposal is for another RFA C...
Hayes, Namestnikov, Spooner say hello. I don't think any of them have the speed that Anthanasiou does, but I digress.

Reactions: Rangers_23

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

for

that looks balanced...

Value isn't bad (When trying to assess value for a 12 piece trade, lol) but I'm not big on DeAngelo. Not a rip on him, I'm just not big on anything that's not a top line defender. We have plenty of bottom 4 defenders and Hronek and Cholo in the system to boot.

Namestnikov and Spooner are good pieces, but useless to Detroit as they'll both be nearing or past 30 by the time we're back in the mix.

The draft picks do nothing for me. We already have 33 and 36. We're set in the 2nd round. Now, if you were willing to give up your 2nds for our 3rds straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but that'd be stupid on your end lol.

We'll swap Vegas' pick for your pick though, in exchange for taking Brendan Smith back. :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You created an interesting proposal, and then you killed it.

This is why we can’t have nice things, Bern. Because of your unrealistic 12 asset proposals.

More: Realism
Less: Nonsense

Your arbitrary number is rejected, along with the baseless critique.

After the last abortion of a trade involving Brassard and 3 teams, I said the next time I or anyone else offers 5 for 5 and complains about it, they can kiss my butt.
I got almost 40 likes.

Pucker up, if you insist on going there.

----------
The value here is arguably balanced, as noted by a subsequent post #17. That plus the fact that it is NOT too many pieces or more critically, unwieldy, makes it a realistic proposal.

I started this just looking at AA and his speed w/Nieves and then a returning Grabner, or possibly even Kreider. I did not plan a package.
There was no 1:1.
Early feedback is a 2nd + a prospect, pref a D, but who?

Then it occurred to me that Wings might consider to go down a short 3 if they able to get enough incentive.

Arguably, in addition to covering the cost of AA, a surrender of Namest. + Spooner + DeAngelo, with taking on Helm so they can afford the 2 RFAs, is enough to get the upgrade from 9 to 6, which all the critics here conveniently ignored.

Just to be sure, consistent with what I say about sometimes up to or fair value is enough, and sometimes more is needed, the pick swaps were a sweetener. If we took out the sweetness and went more standard, that would be 5 bodies less = 12-5 =7.

So we should risk Detroit saying no because they were slightly underwhelmed when this part of the puzzle could make the difference? Esp. since we have Clark helping Gorton and we might come out ok with that extra pick even if later?

But no, some people have to be arbitrary to the point of being anal retentive.

If you can attack this proposal on merit, and not arbitrary grounds that proffer illusion, that is your right.

If you have nothing constructive to say... be guided accordingly.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
so you want him for the AHL?

Nieves has been misapplied/underused not given full shot chiefly due to AV, imo.
That will change.

It is not clear what chemistry you do/do not get with these guys,
but
if you overload with high speed across the board, you hope for synergy which makes the group more productive than any one part of that line.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Value isn't bad (When trying to assess value for a 12 piece trade, lol) but I'm not big on DeAngelo. Not a rip on him, I'm just not big on anything that's not a top line defender. We have plenty of bottom 4 defenders and Hronek and Cholo in the system to boot.

Namestnikov and Spooner are good pieces, but useless to Detroit as they'll both be nearing or past 30 by the time we're back in the mix.

The draft picks do nothing for me. We already have 33 and 36. We're set in the 2nd round. Now, if you were willing to give up your 2nds for our 3rds straight up, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but that'd be stupid on your end lol.

We'll swap Vegas' pick for your pick though, in exchange for taking Brendan Smith back. :laugh:

Not sure we have other pieces that are acceptable currency to offer. You don't want something around Skjei for 6OA, and say Namest. for AA. DeAngelo is an actual RD, former 19OA 1st, with obvious skills. He has to learn how to use that to play NHL level defense, and start slow by picking his spots on defense. But while there is no basis to believe he becomes elite, I do think his max upside is lower ranks of 1RDs.

The other thing to not overlook here is this is not these guys for 6OA, this is these guys PLUS 9OA, so it is a fee to just move up three spots.

EDIT ADD:
You can add to the values of Namest. + Spooner if you can extend them at decent $, term --- which should be doable.
Flipping them for assets sooner than later = not having them too long during DRW rebuild

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I like Athanasiou but not enough to move a first.

I would offer a 2nd and prospect like Reunanen. Or John Gilmour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad