Value of: AA + Late 1st/Early 2nd

WxIxNxGxSxFxAxNx26

Mar 11, 2015
AZ From CA
Could AA plus one of those 3 picks (LVG 1st,33oa, 36oa) get DET back into the 10- 14 range? Say one of NYI's picks.

To Det: 10oa

To NYI: AA + 33oa

Thinking behind this: Assuming Det get one of the top D early (Boqvist) then grab another at 10 (Ty Smith, Noah Dobson). Could then grab a Center with the VGK pick (29oa,Beniot-Olivier Groulx).

Value, fair??
Add from Det??

Det could really use 2 of these top tier D for their rebuild.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Islanders trade one of their picks I would want a defenseman back. Simple fact is Islanders are up their wazoo with left wingers and AA doesn't add any specific thing we need to our team that we desperately miss

Reactions: WxIxNxGxSxFxAxNx26

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I should add that if you added Andrew Ladd to the deal I would consider it :P

Hell I would even do a Ladd for Nielsen Swap if you wanted to dump salary

Reactions: WxIxNxGxSxFxAxNx26

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is something I think the Wings are actually doing, in terms of attempting to package AA up with a selection for help. I would love to know what people would give up for AA and the Vegas pick (somewhere between 24-31 overall) to move up in the draft or acquire defensive help.

I don't expect Athanasiou to be on the Red Wings next year.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Don't see AA + 33 getting Detroit into the top 10. Maybe AA + VGK's pick, though. Or might have to add in #36. I'd be willing to do that.

When's the last time somebody had two top 10 picks? I don't remember it happening all that recently, and the only time it really sticks out in my memory is the Sedins.

EDIT: Upon further review, the most recent one I'm finding is 2002. Florida takes Jay Bouwmeester at 3rd, and Peter Taticek at 9th. (3 total NHL games. Woof.)

Just for fun, the time before that was in 2000 when the Islanders took DiPietro 1st overall and Raffi Torres at 5th. :biglaugh:To be fair, looking back, that draft absolutely sucked except for two players who fell off a cliff before they even turned 30. (Heatley and Gaborik)

Last edited:

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Don't see AA + 33 getting Detroit into the top 10. Maybe AA + VGK's pick, though. Or might have to add in #36. I'd be willing to do that.

When's the last time somebody had two top 10 picks?

Last year Vegas had the 6th and 13th. Think 13th for AA + 33rd might be something that could be built around.

That said it doesn't have to be an actual Top 10 pick, could be something in the 11-15 range with some adds done on either side to balance things out.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Funny thing. 1999 Draft 7 of the top 10 picks were held by Vancouver/NYR/NYI.

Vancouver picked the Sedins. NYR picked Pavel Brendl and Jamie Lundmark, NYI picked Tim Connolly, Taylor Pyatt, and Branislav Mezei. All five of those guys combined didn't put up as many points as either Sedin twin individually. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad