TV: A Wilderness of Error: Documentary on the Jeffrey MacDonald Case

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

On FX and Hulu.

I was worried, because Errol Morris is on Jeffrey MacDonald's side and wrote the book of the same name. He directed The Thin Blue Line, which helped exonerate a man on death row, so he has some street cred. Anyway, the series is pretty evenhanded and gives the victim's brother an open platform. I haven't read his book but the review I read said they weren't convinced of MacDonald's innocence by it, but they were convinced he didn't get a fair trial.

Looks like they'll argue Fatal Vision was inaccurate and prejudicial, which was my first exposure to the case.

It stars Karl Malden and a young pre-comedy Gary Cole.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
There's a scene in Fatal Vision with killer hippies in a hallway (in my mind they're lit from behind so they're spooky, almost ghost like ... but my recollection could be wrong). Anyway, it scared the shit out of me as a kid. I'm sure it's not remotely scary now but I remember my parents watching it and I remember that shot (I also think it might have been repeated). But it definitely made an impression on me.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
There's a scene in Fatal Vision with killer hippies in a hallway (in my mind they're lit from behind so they're spooky, almost ghost like ... but my recollection could be wrong). Anyway, it scared the shit out of me as a kid. I'm sure it's not remotely scary now but I remember my parents watching it and I remember that shot (I also think it might have been repeated). But it definitely made an impression on me.
upload_2020-9-29_4-44-7.png

If it allays your fears, that never happened in real life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad