A way to save face for both the NHL and NHLPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Do you think we can all put our heads together and come up with some ideas on how both sides can save face from what appears to be an unbreakable stance?

My solution is for Bob to agree to a Cap with a tiered bonus stucture outside of the cap that rewards players for exceptional performance. Lower entry level and revised arbitration would also be required.

That way Gary can say he got his cap and average wages down to 1.5 and Bob can say he held out for the best deal possible and gave up more ground for the sake of the game and the fans. Bob would return to being the good guy instead of everyone's enemy if he were to accept this proposal.

Other ideas?????????????????????????????????????????????????

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
I think I read a quote from the league saying they would be willing to talk about a luxury tax if the PA gaurateed them the savings they promised. So I think an escrow system that the players contibute to, with that money covering losses up to a certain point, is going to be the end result. I detailed an escrow system in the solution I posted last week. Its probably a couple pages back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad