Post-Game Talk: A Valiant Effort but Lost. (it Kind of Sucks too). 4-2 Jets.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't think they have to win any, but yes 20 wins would be just fine.

2005-2006 Penguins, 22 wins with Crosby in the line-up.
2006-2007 Penguins, 47 wins.

Hopefully, Leafs don't select at 2nd. overall a Jordan Staal, they already have Gauthier to play that part.

as no team has gone winless. yes they have to win some. ;)

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The coach said .. “If you think there’s no pain coming, there’s pain coming,â€.. Mike Babcock

How did you interpret that comment?

He was honest from the start based on the player personnel that he inherited with the job. He didn't make any false promises of success and that only blue collar hard work nightly compete would be the result win or lose.

We saw exactly that in this game.

Mess the issue is not the work ethic (this season), the real issue is the overall talent

YOYOTCROSTER*

Totally agree in grand scheme of things talent (with effort) always prevails. But macro thinking is what GMs do. It is clear there is not enough talent to win. Again though talent alone will not do it either. You can have too many wingers with talent and you can get the build mix wrong. Lou has always said it starts in net and then builds on defence and centre. I hope he does that with the Leafs. I have heard he has been asking a ton of questions about the supply of goalies and defence in the system.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
One comment I'd like to make;

Has anyone ever seen anyone dominate games like Buff does? I've never seen a player BE the tempo of a game like he is. Absolutely fantastic to watch, regardless if you like the Peg or not.

He's a UFA and Winnipeg doesn't pay.
Is he a good person though?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
OK now I get it Babs truly is part of tank nation. He has bought into the program. Somehow I thought to my shigrin that he was playing to win. Really he is just talking to win.

Wasn't that the idea?
A Cup process was developed and its long term, and they should not deviate from it at all.

I'm happy with the work ethic and system play so far.
There was no illusions to what this team was going to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad