Pre-Game Talk: A trip to Motown, Tuesday Jan 7, 7 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Big game in our quest for #1. They have beaten us twice already, can they continue? Their lead is not insurmountable.

Moar Weal and Cousins is the answer according to our beloved coach. Maybe he has a plan.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Kotka vs. Zadina!! :hyper:

The TDL is farther on the calendar than I thought, it's 24 February this year. The window to initiate 'big trade talk' should be the two to three weeks leading up to Feb 24th. The team has a 'bye' week at the end of January, which obviously has teams playing while the Habs don't.

The team could very well be out mathematically by the TDL, I have to go back on what I previously said.

Absolute worst case: not having Bergevin realize that he could improve the team long term by trading a few select vets for prospect(s) or an additional 1st round pick, even though playoffs are mathematically unattainable (not even 'logically', that was last month - mathematically, meaning "if all those teams lose all their games left"). Therefore he won't buy, nor will he sell. Just a big mouthful of nothingness and a 13 OV pick.

That would be the absolute worst for this team moving forward. Some posters here though think Bergevin will have the clairvoyance to sell, should the team be officially/mathematically out by mid-February. I'm not buying it, not after he stated he needs to rely on his vets for the short & long term.

The 2nd worst case is the team actually does well starting tonight against the Wings, and Bergevin re-signs both Kovalchuk and Scandella to 2-3 year contracts.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
For the love of god, unless the plan is to tank, get Weal off the powerplay.

Domi-Suzuki-Cousins
Kovalchuk-Weber

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Lekhonen
Mete-Petry

Tada

Reactions: Saundies

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Easy win 5 to 2
Cousins with the Hat trick and Weal with with 2 goals

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Easy win 5 to 2
Cousins with the Hat trick and Weal with with 2 goals
lol
You’re funny
Habs suck.
Key injuries+zero confidence=habs looking to match their 8 game losing streak before the weekend.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I applaud those more fanatic than me. How do you all keep following and supporting this dumpster fire?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Big game in our quest for #1. They have beaten us twice already, can they continue? Their lead is not insurmountable.

Moar Weal and Cousins is the answer according to our beloved coach. Maybe he has a plan.

No one is catching Detroit. They are on pace for the lowest point total in like 20 years.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Montreal has a relatively easy schedule coming up:

Detroit
Edmonton
Ottawa
Calgary
Chicago

Only one of those teams is in a playoff position.

I could see them getting 7 points in those 5 games.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Montreal has a relatively easy schedule coming up:

Detroit
Edmonton
Ottawa
Calgary
Chicago

Only one of those teams is in a playoff position.

I could see them getting 7 points in those 5 games.

The only one of those I feel overly confident against is Detroit, and we've given them 2 of their 10 wins this season... :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad