A trade DL should of made?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'd rather have Nino than Clif. Nino has more potential. I view Clifford as a bottom 6 forward. Nino could be a top 6 forward.

He could also end up like Nikita Filatov? Remember how there were pockets of fans who wanted Filatiov with the #2 pick in 2008 ahead of Doughty? Yeah, I bet those who wanted him have forgotten that as well.

David Strorm

@ControlPuck
Aug 13, 2012
Manitoba
He could also end up like Nikita Filatov? Remember how there were pockets of fans who wanted Filatiov with the #2 pick in 2008 ahead of Doughty? Yeah, I bet those who wanted him have forgotten that as well.

Wasn't around at that time, but that sounds awful. Doughty and Stamkos were in a class of their own. Filaria was nowhere near BPA. Also had the Russian factor. Props go to Columbus for his great development. Seems they cant develop anything.

It's risk management. Niño wasn't drafted out of Europe, he played 2 years with Portland. He was also a key cog on the Swiss run to their silver medal at the worlds. He is 6'2, 207, plays LW/RW. We also have many bottom six forwards that could fill in. Niño also had a great past year in the ahl. He could be a top line forward, and I see his floor as a good 3rd liner. I would love to see his youth and energetic play on the 2nd line. Although, I do prefer Frattin, Scrivens to Niño.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad