News: A tale of two cities - EDM vs. VAN: The Kuzmenko sweepstakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megapint

May 18, 2022
What are you on about?

Edmonton was out of the playoffs until Smith got hot and they got E. Kane for cheap because SJ decided to buy him out mid season.

There's a good chance neither of Kane or Mike Smith are back next season, and the Oilers have to re-sign a number of their important RFA's. Nurse is making an extra 3.25M next year also. Edmonton isn't even guaranteed to be a playoff team if they lose E. Kane if last season is any indication.
Nothing worse then a buthurt Canuck fan posting threads on HF about winning the Kuzmenko sweepstakes considering several free agents some notably being born in BC chose the Oilers over the Canucks over the years.

Must be slow news day in Raincouver bro.Enjoy the 2 months of sunshine the city gets. Beautiful Vancouver !

I'm sure Kuzmenko cares about the beautiful city of Vancouver more than how many points he puts up to get a bigger contract.

Close this dumb thread down.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I hope the free $200 steak was worth sacrificing millions in future possible earnings. Kuzmenko doesn't come off as very bright at all following this entire process, and that doesn't portend well for someone who wants to make the NHL their career (or so he has said).

Last edited:

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Edmonton was top four. Vancouver missed the playoffs.

Console yourselves that you managed to land a 26 year old rookie with one good KHL season under his belt.

Maybe Kuzmenko can loot himself something nice when Canucks fans ransack their city again. :laugh:
Edmonton made top 4 and got absolutely annihilated in 4 games, proving they had no reason being there in the first place :laugh:

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
"Meanwhile, in Edmonton, Kuzmenko was spotted at a chain restaurant where you can buy Baja fish tacos for under $19."

Bro, is there someplace where you buy fish tacos for MORE THAN $19?

Reactions: tfriede2

Megapint

May 18, 2022
Edmonton made top 4 and got absolutely annihilated in 4 games, proving they had no reason being there in the first place :laugh:
That eye doctor you visited at Whalley Surrey might have prescribed you wrong lenses. Last we checked Edmonton led Colorado in 3 games and the last 2 games only a handful of bounces was the difference between Edmonton winning them despite our top D playing with a torn Hip flexor, the guy who would easily be the greatest forward in Canucks history playing on one knee and and ancient relic in net.

Nucks fans man

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
I mean, if this is the team that's supposed to pay you... it's concerning.

I don't know what job you work, but that's like taking the average worker to a $1 hot dog stand while your competitor takes him to a high end suite. Says something about how valued you are.

Who cares? You’re making a mountain out of a molehill but I’m not surprised it’s you who’s making this thread

You’re on crack if you think he signed with Vancouver because he felt slighted that he had to eat at a chain restaurant.

We lost out on a prospect. Big deal. It’s not the first time and It won’t be the last time.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Edmonton was top four. Vancouver missed the playoffs.

Console yourselves that you managed to land a 26 year old rookie with one good KHL season under his belt.

Maybe Kuzmenko can loot himself something nice when Canucks fans ransack their city again. :laugh:

What was the Oilers GAA when you got swept by Colorado? Do people forget goaltending can be one of the hardest holes to fill.... relax man. You can clearly see what direction BOTH teams are heading, and they're not both up.

over food? Nah. More like Canucks guaranteeing a top 6 spot and committing to trade all their good wingers away to make it happen. Easy choice for Kuzmenko, oppurtunity is EVERYTHING for a 1st year player looking to make bank.

Taking a "step back" wasn't part of the pitch to Kuzmenko. The team will likely be trying to compete this year.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Proud of canucks management here. Walk in the room like you own it and show respect and get respect

That is all this is, finally have some pro management leadership here and it has payed off.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What was the Oilers GAA when you got swept by Colorado? Do people forget goaltending can be one of the hardest holes to fill.... relax man. You can clearly see what direction BOTH teams are heading, and they're not both up.

Taking a "step back" wasn't part of the pitch to Kuzmenko. The team will likely be trying to compete this year.
I’m sure that wasn’t part of the pitch. Who would think a team would say that? Oppurtunity was the pitch and let’s go win some games (regardless if they will or not)

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
If Kuzmenko made a career move over the food then hes an idiot.

You're not wrong, but it does look a little nicer to be brought somewhere nice and shown you're worth their time vs. taking you out to wherever they had coupons to

Also Kuzmenko will get a great chance to enjoy the restaurants and weather of Vancouver in spring when they fail to qualify for the playoffs again. Doesn't have to play without getting a paycheck.

Win-win.

I imagine many players are perfectly fine enjoying a longer summer while being paid the same, especially the younger ones

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I hope the free $200 steak was worth sacrificing millions in future possible earnings. Kuzmenko doesn't come off as very bright at all following this entire process, and that doesn't portend well for someone who wants to make the NHL their career (or so he has said).

What if he felt he simply didn't want to play for Edmonton?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is how far the Canucks organization has fallen lol.
This makes literally zero sense.

Canucks take Kuzmenko to multiple Popular, High end Chains.
Oilers Organization take Kuzmenko to a cheap chain
Canucks fans Roast Oilers for Taking him to Joey's

Canucks Organization has fallen? :huh:
What does the Canucks Organization have anything to do with Fans memeing the Oilers Organization?

PS - If they wanted to take him to a cheap chain with good Food, Should have hit up Swiss Donairs, Went to Edmonton a few Months ago, and that damn Donair was Incredible, Legit #1 spot if I ever go back there for w/e reason.

Last edited:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Is this really the read we're going with? Do you really think that he chose one team over the other because of the "food"? Do you not understand the message that is sent when a team that's trying to pursue you takes you to a cheap restaurant?

I think you're over-thinking this. I'm sure it made f**k all difference which restaurant he went to in any of the cities he visited.

Unless he plans to retire from hockey and become a food critic after next season.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
I gotta do up a huge batch of chips to soak up all the salt and vinegar coming from the Oil fan base.

All this over a player who has not even made an impact in the NHL yet. Let us Canucks have our moment. It has been a while since someone chose Vancouver without a massive overpay attached to it.

Reactions: Brobust

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
He already made up his mind before getting to Vancouver that the front office/coach had a plan for him and liked the respect shown by meeting him in Michigan. The only way Vancouver botches it once he got to town was if they took him to Joey’s Only Seafood.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
NHL should keep Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver and contract the rest of the Canadian NHL teams.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I mean, if this is the team that's supposed to pay you... it's concerning.

I don't know what job you work, but that's like taking the average worker to a $1 hot dog stand while your competitor takes him to a high end suite. Says something about how valued you are.
Imagine this being a real take away from all this.

He can only sign a one year ELC right now.

Imagine if this team that’s supposed to pay you…they seem to be fine shelling out for players so taking someone to Joey’s has no bearing on that.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Still better than you guys

Edmonton doesn't need a winger anyways, go get a goalie who can stop the puck or not cough it up at key points in a game instead no!?!?

Man, the whining and bitching is pathetic...Kuzmenko is not going to make ANY team an automatic Cup contender on his own, Edm should know that, they have the best player in the league by a wide margin and what have they accomplished?

Keyboard warriors will never go away will they...1 team wins every year and 31 teams lose

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Edmonton doesn't need a winger anyways, go get a goalie who can stop the puck or not cough it up at key points in a game instead no!?!?

Man, the whining and bitching is pathetic...Kuzmenko is not going to make ANY team an automatic Cup contender on his own, Edm should know that, they have the best player in the league by a wide margin and what have they accomplished?

Keyboard warriors will never go away will they...1 team wins every year and 31 teams lose

I’m well aware of what our team needs.

But you simply can’t talk shit about the post season if your team didn’t even make it.

Reactions: North

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Probably didn't have a ton to do with it but I'm sure it didn't help. However Vancouver is the best city in Canada and one of the best in the world, so it's not a surprise.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
I think its obvious why kuzmenko chose Vancouver, as a team thats years from making the playoffs a rookie will have lots of chances to make mistakes and figure things out, on a contender like edmonton he would have a much shorter leash.

Reactions: Megapint
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad