Post-Game Talk: A Swayman shut you out, Jets lose 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
RE: Bowness on PLD:

What kind of injury does a player have that they, and not the coach or doctor, get to decide whether they want to play?

Crumbling backbone? Ailing enthusiasm? Disappearing gumption? Constipated competitiveness?

Whatever happened to a player being eager to get into the lineup and help their team?

(Yeah, I'm bitchy today. Deal with it.)

Hey, I agree with you. And I'm only cranky :laugh:

This feels more like he's trying to weasel out of playing the rest of the season. Probably daydreaming of playing in Montreal

Reactions: hockeyarena

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Concussions I'd think.

The word is concussion. And you can milk that one for awhile. But honestly if it is a serious one, those aren't all that fun to play through.

Meanwhile the Dubois to Montreal rumours are still hot, and it seems inevitable that he is out the door.

Kind of reminds me of Laine, when he got the slash vs. the Flames and couldn't play, but he is on his tablet, hands working no problem.

It does feel a bit like the team is combusting. Such a strange season.

I doubt it's concussion. Bowness said that it's up to PLD - that's not going to be the case with a concussion

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Not the result I requested. Who do I complain to?! :mad:

il_570xN.1711775933_bvei.jpg

:laugh:

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I think this team needs a controlled explosion.

By that, we need to slowly start moving players for futures. It starts with whatever players don't want to be here. I assume this includes PLD, but may include others.

Move Schief and maybe Helle at the next trade deadline, when their values are likely to be at their highest.

Keep/sign veterans who have the right mindset to teach the next wave of players: Lambert, McGroaty, Lucius.

Then after a few seasons, tank as hard as you can to get the best draft pick.

Take a look at what the Blues have done over the past few seasons.

It'll be a painful 4-7 seasons, but hanging onto this core means pushing the pain further down the line, and likely will last much longer.

70291374-5ffb-4dfb-a1d8-aa99a222ad86_text.gif

adf84571-103e-4aee-8e6e-e170670de69c_text.gif

Reactions: hn777

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
That was a frustrating game. I don't know what it felt like on TV but live it felt like Boston got 2 chances and scored on them and did nothing the rest of the game and we just couldn't seem to redirect a puck at the right time to get a goal when we needed too.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
He hurt himself like Peter.:laugh:

Daddy Dubois if true would have to be pretty embarrassed of his son if he pulled something like is being suggested. Not that I would be surprised by PLD doing anything underhanded to keep himself off the ice. I wonder if the reason he played so well in the first half is he was told that if he played well they would try to move him?

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
The ongoing PP woes are just funny to watch.

"We have the right *minute 30* PP group, they're elite, maybe if we shift them 2 feet to the right next PP it will work"
The power play is going to continue to stink until the jets fix a basic skill...PASSING! Of most contenders , the Jets have the worst passing skills and Wheller is the worst . so many plays end on his stick. Right behind him is Dillon. This team is in dire need of improving their passing skills overall as a team.
Watching Boston put passes right on the stick was a big difference in yesterday's game.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The power play is going to continue to stink until the jets fix a basic skill...PASSING! Of most contenders , the Jets have the worst passing skills and Wheller is the worst . so many plays end on his stick. Right behind him is Dillon. This team is in dire need of improving their passing skills overall as a team.
Watching Boston put passes right on the stick was a big difference in yesterday's game.
I honestly didn't mind the PP last night. Right off the hop Wheeler got the seam play through to Scheifele for a good shot. He didn't try going across the seam to Connor once, Scheifele got a nice touch pass into Connor for a shot. But it is a curious alignment where Scheifele is the only one timer, unless Connor feeds Morrissey for the point shot. I'd prefer it if is was Ehlers instead of Wheeler, where there are more one time options, if Connor was a good enough passer to give Scheifele those looks from the bumper spot, but he hasn't been. And Ehlers for all the zone entries made an irresponsible turnover at the end of his PP shift which dug the Jets a big hole. Still if we are being objective, the Jets PP was better than the Bruins PP last night. Or maybe our PK is just that good.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If PLD had a concussion would he be allowed to fly with the team?
I don't think he flew with the team. It was mentioned at first he would meet the team in Carolina and then it was announced he wouldn't be. Not sure if he flew with the team to Nashville.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
I would ad playing the boards to that assessment as well, there combination of speed and skill is lacking.( see the panthers or three or four other top teams). Maybe they need some geometry lessons. I think the jets are still adjusting to the speed of today's game, it hasn't been that long ago where they played a completely different game.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
What frustrates me lately is since the florida game I see teams just skating through our seams and dominating us . The jets are standing still and passing and their chances reflect it .

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This team was lucky many times in the first half of the season and now it seems like we’re the recipients of the flip side of Lady Luck.
Not sure what changed but but at this point it’s buckle up and hang on.
GJG

Some changes must happen this offseason though.
No sense in running this same group back next season.

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
I honestly didn't mind the PP last night. Right off the hop Wheeler got the seam play through to Scheifele for a good shot. He didn't try going across the seam to Connor once, Scheifele got a nice touch pass into Connor for a shot. But it is a curious alignment where Scheifele is the only one timer, unless Connor feeds Morrissey for the point shot. I'd prefer it if is was Ehlers instead of Wheeler, where there are more one time options, if Connor was a good enough passer to give Scheifele those looks from the bumper spot, but he hasn't been. And Ehlers for all the zone entries made an irresponsible turnover at the end of his PP shift which dug the Jets a big hole. Still if we are being objective, the Jets PP was better than the Bruins PP last night. Or maybe our PK is just that good.
Yeah i agree to a certain extent. It's completely incomprehensible why Bones is so adamant to play Wheeler over Ehlers and kept Ehlers ice time down untill recently. The only thing i can think of is his need to balance lines, but ,man, you got to play your best players now. Ehlers has committed some turnover recently, but a few were the result of playing the system with drop passes he expected to see support behind him. Wheeler on the other hand has made several passes directly to the opposition without looking that seem to be a result of anxiety and not seeing the ice at the speed he's trying to play at. I like Wheeler and all he's done for the Jets in the past. I don't even regret his high salary that he deserved in building the jets at less bucks. i don't blame him because he is playing above his level now due to injury and lack of resources. When he gets to play on the third line permanently we may turn some corners.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Oh for sure. Neither team is mathematically eliminated. The thing is with Calgary, in addition to being only 3 points behind, they're also terrible :P and of course, when it comes to uncertain future probabilities, there's a wide open room for all of us fans to belly-up to the soap box and bicker. I can only speak for the percentages; if given a chance to bet on the Jets making the playoffs at even-money odds, I'd divert every discretionary dollar and ask the wife to float me an advance off my (err, 'our' :P) next invoice to boot.

Oh look, an itchy ass dog.
Bet he has worms ……. :laugh:

1679096436637.gif

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
This team was lucky many times in the first half of the season and now it seems like we’re the recipients of the flip side of Lady Luck.
GJG

It's called puck luck.
Did you see the 6 goals the Hawks scored on the Bruins before they played the Jets?
The first one was a joke ... I don't think I ever saw that before. A Hawk player going in on goal around a D-man loses the puck and it slides into the net. Twice a loose puck went to the opposite side of the net where a Hawk player was standing there all by himself with an empty net ... 2 easy goals.
Jets make 2 mistakes and its 2-0 Bruins ... that's how it goes some times.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Daddy Dubois if true would have to be pretty embarrassed of his son if he pulled something like is being suggested. Not that I would be surprised by PLD doing anything underhanded to keep himself off the ice. I wonder if the reason he played so well in the first half is he was told that if he played well they would try to move him?
Maybe his dad was like 'holy fk' this team is a mess lete get outta here haha

It's called puck luck.
Did you see the 6 goals the Hawks scored on the Bruins before they played the Jets?
The first one was a joke ... I don't think I ever saw that before. A Hawk player going in on a goal around a D-man loses the puck and it slides into the net. Twice a loose puck went to the opposite side of the net where a Hawk player was standing there all by himself with an empty net ... 2 easy goals.
Puck luck doesnt last for 30 games

It's called puck luck.
The first one was a joke ... I don't think I ever saw that before. A Hawk player going in on a goal around a D-man loses the puck and it slides into the net. Twice a loose puck went to the opposite side of the net where a Hawk player was standing there all by himself with an empty net ... 2 easy goals.
Puck luck doesnt last for 30 games

None

Feb 22, 2012
The ongoing PP woes are just funny to watch.

"We have the right *minute 30* PP group, they're elite, maybe if we shift them 2 feet to the right next PP it will work"

They make small attempts to change things up and then it just goes back to the default one way or another. Like Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler under Maurice.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
GJG

Luck is the residue of hard work

Reactions: WolfHouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad