Post-Game Talk: A successful season?

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Mike Smith better not show his face next season. Terrible goaltender. Almost cost us the Calgary series. Played a large part (along with the refs) in costing us this series.

Never makes the big save. Consistently flops around like an idiot and blames others for his own f*** ups.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
25 Million in cap space, and Holland decides the way to a cup is with this defense and goaltending. I don't even care, fire him into the sun. It took 2PPG performances by our two superstars with Drai playing on one leg to get us this far, and we get swept in round 3 because of our non-existent defense and goaltending. Mcdavid and Draisaitl deserve so much better.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Successful season all in all, this series really showed the glaring holes in this team and I’m not sure they can be fixed with our cap situation. Regardless Mike Smith needs to retire and Holland absolutely has to find a real goalie…

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm proud of them. They battled hard until the very end despite having a lot of battle scars. 3 games that came down to the end.

I know there will be a lot of Mike Smith hate but it needs to be stated that they likely don't even get to the playoffs without him or past the Kings so while he makes some boneheaded plays, I'm not going to destroy a guy for being 40 years old and running out of steam.

Not the time to get mad at the team. They performed admirably, now it's up to the GM to make the right moves to get this team over this next hump.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
The Avs are a tremendously skilled team and played to win this series. No doubt about it. Better team.

I never really used to even think about them, but this season (continuing into this series obviously) I really noticed how unlikeable they are. So many of their guys play a game I just kind of despise. I've never seen players go down so easy and "sell' so many calls in a very long time. I'm not even going to call it diving or say anything else, because it clearly works for them. It is what it is.

It's just that I developed a nice little "hatred" and it sure does make the games more intense feeling in that regard. Was good fun even when it wasn't.

I'm proud of this Oilers team for a damn good season. They overcame a lot and these playoffs sure were entertaining. Plenty of questions and work to be done, but for now I'll just enjoy the run for the great moments.

Like beating Calgary. 😎

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Absolutely a successful season. Pretty obvious what needs to be done to take the next step.

Defense wins games in June.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad