A SERIOUS DISCUSSION: THE GREAT CHEESE DEBATE: What kind do you prefer?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
This is not even food let alone cheese

Concur. The only time I'll eat American is on a burger or a hot dog.

To be serious, I like just about all of these in the right food. Don't really have a favorite. My stack of recipes is growing, and so is the number of cheeses in my fridge.

Never have been big on the whiz, though. It weirds me out. My suburban Philly girlfriend swears by it on cheesesteaks, but I still stick to provolone on mine.

Edit: I recently procured this double boiler (for less than half of that price). I am so making fondue now that this thread has reminded me how many cheeses are out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: MinJaBen

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
As many said, it depends. For just overall general snacking? I prefer a sharp cheddar and that's hard to beat for me. Monterey Jack is up there also, but that is a sentimental choice as my grandmother used to serve it to us for lunch all the time and I still have fond memories and enjoy it.

For sandwiches, Provolone, sliced Mozzarella (needs to be high quality Mozz though) or sharp cheddar for "most sandwiches", but Swiss is great for some things.

On Burgers..it's either Cheddar (basic burger, bacon/BBQ, etc...) or Swiss (mushroom swiss burger) hands down.

One "unsung" hero for me is Goat Cheese. It is absolutely fantastic on certain pizzas for instance.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
As many said, it depends. For just overall general snacking? I prefer a sharp cheddar and that's hard to beat for me. Monterey Jack is up there also, but that is a sentimental choice as my grandmother used to serve it to us for lunch all the time and I still have fond memories and enjoy it.

For sandwiches, Provolone, sliced Mozzarella (needs to be high quality Mozz though) or sharp cheddar for "most sandwiches", but Swiss is great for some things.

On Burgers..it's either Cheddar (basic burger, bacon/BBQ, etc...) or Swiss (mushroom swiss burger) hands down.

One "unsung" hero for me is Goat Cheese. It is absolutely fantastic on certain pizzas for instance.

:bow:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
holeman and finch might be the best burger in america, certainly in the conversation, and they use all homemade ingredients except for kraft singles because it melts best

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
LOVE cheese...just about any kind. Voted for Vermont white cheddar if snacking on just cheese, though I also love Brie for snacking. l usually put bleu or feta on salads, and like to mix it up on burgers/sandwiches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad