A Serious Debate: Why is Jordan Staal the best player on the team?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Because his leadership in the dressing room is reflected by his grit on the ice. He's a real team player, a guy coaches dream of. He never takes a play off and is great with the media.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Because he's second coming of Rod Brind'amour, i'm deadly serious.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
At even strength, the two are very similar (rod and jordan). It's the power play, where Rod racked up the offensive numbers. Something Jordan hasn't figured out yet for whatever reason.

bluedevil58*

You can't really compare the 2. Jordan plays more of a physical possession game. I don't ever remember Rod being a possession beast although one could argue that faceoffs are part of ones puck possession game. So now I am confused.

While I do think Rod is a way better play all around I also really like Jordan. In summary the only thing I can say about these 2 players is that there is no "I" in team. But there is an "I" in pie and if there is an "I" in pie then well..... you guys get the point.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
At even strength, the two are very similar (rod and jordan). It's the power play, where Rod racked up the offensive numbers. Something Jordan hasn't figured out yet for whatever reason.
Jordan can't hold a candle to Brindy's playmaking ability. Not because Brindy was elite - he wasn't although he was very good - but Jordan is subpar in that regard and doesn't see the ice nearly as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad