A SERIOUS DEBATE: What return will trading Sekera bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Sutter seems to be the target of some criticism, and Dumoulin keeps getting jumped on the depth chart. Jury is still out on Pouliot, but from the Canes side, it's more about who they would have drafted. I forget who was supposedly on their list, but I don't think it was him.

Though on the other hand, Jordan Staal has 2 goals in 20 games so clearly he's not buying in :sarcasm:
good north american boy greg o'renko was who the hurricanes would have drafted

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
the jstallo trade was a great one

sutter is bad
dumoulin is still in the ahl

pouliot is the only player the pens got that has any chance of being an above average NHLer. or even average.

the trade was hated by hurricanes fans because they had an irrational love for brandon sutter. plus dumoulin is tall. that's really the entirety of it.

Sir, you are amazing.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Sutter seems to be the target of some criticism, and Dumoulin keeps getting jumped on the depth chart. Jury is still out on Pouliot, but from the Canes side, it's more about who they would have drafted. I forget who was supposedly on their list, but I don't think it was him.

If we had kept the draft pick, I'm pretty sure we all were hoping to grab Forsberg. Which wouldn't have been a terrible decision...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1214147

bluedevil58*

call me crazy, but I think we still came out ahead in that trade, even with Forsberg on the board. I would do it again.

I wonder what this team would be like without this trade:

Eric Staal
Forsberg
Sutter
Nash/Rask

Seems legit to me.... I should not dwell on these type of things.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
call me crazy, but I think we still came out ahead in that trade, even with Forsberg on the board. I would do it again.

Given the way this team develops prospects, I'd say you're right. I doubt Forsberg would have developed anywhere near as good with the Canes as he has with Washington/Nashville.

...Seriously though, how does Jeff Daniels still have a job?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
To be fair, he only expected his best players to play to their own potential, and these expectations created an assumption that the team was perpetually "close." I might have done the same thing, minus the "throwing in a 4th" every time he made a small trade.

Someone rate the J Staal trade for me. As far as I know, the 2 "prospects" from that trade haven't blown the doors off yet.

It's damn near impossible to never have 2 1st round picks in you entire 17 year career as a general manager, especially if you missed the playoffs 12 times. the man did not value 1st round draft picks and for a budget team that's damn stupid.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It's damn near impossible to never have 2 1st round picks in you entire 17 year career as a general manager, especially if you missed the playoffs 12 times. the man did not value 1st round draft picks and for a budget team that's damn stupid.

he preferred to build the team through lower round picks that he also never hit on

bluedevil58*

So we have one place to discuss this topic that is clearly defined.

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC

Though on the other hand, Jordan Staal has 2 goals in 20 games so clearly he's not buying in :sarcasm:

Apparently it was Grigorenko

edit: I missed the whole 2nd page, where I was beaten to it by quite a bit

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Rangers fan here. I'd do Moore, McIlrath, Kristo and best 2nd for Sekera rental and mcClement. We need a good 3C face off guy as well.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Rangers fan here. I'd do Moore, McIlrath, Kristo and best 2nd for Sekera rental and mcClement. We need a good 3C face off guy as well.

The only thing of value in this proposition is the 2nd round pick and that is likely late in the 2nd. McIlraith is a bust, Kristo is a nobody, and Moore is another 3rd pairing guy. Just not going to happen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad