A SERIOUS DEBATE: What return will trading Sekera bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedevil58*

I am hearing NYR is interested and is offering a 2nd round pick, John Moore, and a Prospect......

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Francis will trade him to the Lightning for both of their 1st and Kucherov. In the summer, Sekera will sign with us for 4 years @ $2.1 million per.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I think he will bring a blue-chip prospect and a conditional 2nd that becomes a first if the team reaches the SCF or if Sekera re-signs

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I just want a 2nd first round pick. This organization hasn't had 2 picks in the 1st round since before I was born, and I am not young.

Stupid ****ing JR and his stupid ****ing draft philosophies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
It's pretty much verbatim from a Larry Brooks article.

Did he get it from the trade board?

I just read the article. It reads like he's just throwing **** at a wall, but there was this:

Sekera, though, is the prime left defenseman on the rental market, so the Candy Canes — who scouted the Rangers in Arizona on Saturday just as the Blueshirts scouted Carolina in Ottawa on Monday — hold the cards and can be expected to be patient.

Really? I get the NY Post is ****, but come on.

bluedevil58*

That's from an article. I know nothing about John Moore. Kings fans seem to think a 2nd rounder and Weal? will fetch them Sekera but they're expecting to be outbided. In all honesty, I am kind of excited about what the return might be. I just hope RF does not drop the ball on this one.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
there are blue potatos so blue chips are actually a thing, i think the expression "blue chip prospect" just means a rare prospect, since most chips are tan and only the rare ones are good

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I just want a 2nd first round pick. This organization hasn't had 2 picks in the 1st round since before I was born, and I am not young.

Stupid ****ing JR and his stupid ****ing draft philosophies.

To be fair, he only expected his best players to play to their own potential, and these expectations created an assumption that the team was perpetually "close." I might have done the same thing, minus the "throwing in a 4th" every time he made a small trade.

Someone rate the J Staal trade for me. As far as I know, the 2 "prospects" from that trade haven't blown the doors off yet.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
At the very least, a second-round pick and an NHL player, or a 1st-round pick and an NHL-ready player. This year is going to be a seller's market. Ron Francis can essentially name his price within reason. I think some team will offer a first or an NHL-ready player who can step in immediately.

In New York, John Moore has fallen way out of favor with Alain Vigneault, who trusts Matt Hunwick more.

bluedevil58*

To be fair, he only expected his best players to play to their own potential, and these expectations created an assumption that the team was perpetually "close." I might have done the same thing, minus the "throwing in a 4th" every time he made a small trade.

Someone rate the J Staal trade for me. As far as I know, the 2 "prospects" from that trade haven't blown the doors off yet.

That is yet to be determined. Suter is a bit of a head scratcher. He is also much cheaper than Jordan. Dumonlin is also still young and d men take a while to develop. And we gave up a first. This was a fleecing. How Ray Shero lost his job is beyond me.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
there are blue potatos so blue chips are actually a thing, i think the expression "blue chip prospect" just means a rare prospect, since most chips are tan and only the rare ones are good

No, no, no, no. Chip Alexander denotes certain prospects that he'd willingly paint himself blue in order for us to get. Thus, a blue Chip prospect.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com

the jstallo trade was a great one

sutter is bad
dumoulin is still in the ahl

pouliot is the only player the pens got that has any chance of being an above average NHLer. or even average.

the trade was hated by hurricanes fans because they had an irrational love for brandon sutter. plus dumoulin is tall. that's really the entirety of it.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
That is yet to be determined. Suter is still developing and is looking very good. He is also much cheaper than Jordan. Dumonlin is also still young and d men take a while to develop. And we gave up a first. This was a fleecing. How Ray Shero lost his job is beyond me.
still developing? sutter is six months younger than staal. and no, he's not looking very good. he's a mediocre third line C who skates really fast.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Sutter seems to be the target of some criticism, and Dumoulin keeps getting jumped on the depth chart. Jury is still out on Pouliot, but from the Canes side, it's more about who they would have drafted. I forget who was supposedly on their list, but I don't think it was him.

Though on the other hand, Jordan Staal has 2 goals in 20 games so clearly he's not buying in :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad