Pre-Game Talk: A Royal Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The Kings of Angel City are in town to play the Montreal peasants. Starring his Royal Highness Peter Budaj and his entourage, Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown, Jeff Carter and Anze Kopitar, who just blanked the falling leaves 7-0.

Let's try and keep the shot count against Carey below 30 for a change. At this rate he'll be burnt by X-mas. DD scratched is the best news yet, can't wait to hear the whining on RDS.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The Kings of Angel City are in town to play the Montreal peasants. Starring his Royal Highness Peter Budaj and his entourage, Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown, Jeff Carter and Anze Kopitar, who just blanked the falling leaves 7-0.

Let's try and keep the shot count against Carey below 30 for a change. At this rate he'll be burnt by X-mas. DD scratched is the best news yet, can't wait to hear the whining on RDS.

Whoa... Desharnais scratched? Really?? I doubt RDS will have much pushback.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Whoa... Desharnais scratched? Really?? I doubt RDS will have much pushback.

It remains to be seen but Danault split time with him and the way DD talked after practice, it does sound like he thinks he won't be in the lineup tomorrow.

Byron - Chucky - Rads
Ghetto - Plek - Gally
Patch - Danault - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - Flynn

Remains to be seen if MT sticks with this though or if he scratches Carr, returns Danault to the 4th, and leaves DD where he's been.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
It remains to be seen but Danault split time with him and the way DD talked after practice, it does sound like he thinks he won't be in the lineup tomorrow.

Byron - Chucky - Rads
Ghetto - Plek - Gally
Patch - Danault - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - Flynn

Remains to be seen if MT sticks with this though or if he scratches Carr, returns Danault to the 4th, and leaves DD where he's been.

No way DD deserves better ice time than Danault..Carr played well last game, don't see how you can scratch him for this one, plus in a game against the tough, grinding Kings, we need more Carr and less DD, not the other way around.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
No way DD deserves better ice time than Danault..Carr played well last game, don't see how you can scratch him for this one, plus in a game against the tough, grinding Kings, we need more Carr and less DD, not the other way around.

Yeah but the final decision still goes through MT so we'll see if logic has anything to do with it.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Stop with the false info. Desharnais is not officially scratched. He didn't have his own spot in practice so its possible he actually will be scratched, but nothing definitive has come out yet.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Incoming 50 shots against.

Last year it was the opposite. We had 45 shots, they had 20. We had 62% in FO, they had 38%. Yet we lost 3-0. It was around the start of our losing ways when we still out-played, out-shot, and out-chanced our opponents but we had trouble scoring, so we'd end up losing games we deserved to win. It's a little bit the opposite this year.

I love Budaj and he's doing great. But we need to take advantage of their goalie situation to win.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Kings' are league best right now (among the best these past few years) at suppressing shots giving up just 24.6 per game.

Currently a better than .500 record without their starter or backup and Budaj is looking like both guys can take their time to come back facing so little rubber every game. He's 7 - 3, GAA 1.86, SV% 919, happy for him.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Kings' are league best right now (among the best these past few years) at suppressing shots giving up just 24.6 per game.

Currently a better than .500 record without their starter or backup and Budaj is looking like both guys can take their time to come back facing so little rubber every game. He's 7 - 3, GAA 1.86, SV% 919, happy for him.

Zatkoff is healthy and ready to go now. Budaj has been good but the Kings have a back-to-back Thursday and Friday so Zatkoff might get one of the games. I think you'll get Budaj, though. Great guy and I know he wants the Montreal game.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I am scared that people will boo the US anthem tomorrow.

i have no problem with that. whoever voted for that [insert numerous adjective] deserves to have an earful

so if we still play badly who do we blame? im asking because i want to be ready since we won't be able to blame desharnais playing one more shift than [insert player here].

as a side-note: gary thorne is doing the pbp for the kings, you know which stream ill be watching :yo:

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004

And the Kings were shutout in the three losses.

Peter Budaj earned another chance off last season and he's making the most of it.

so if we still play badly who do we blame? im asking because i want to be ready since we won't be able to blame desharnais playing one more shift than [insert player here].
[insert scapegoat here].

fixed it for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad