A-Rod will play last game Friday; get released & become advisor

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sketchy on the details because it's been a while, but Ortiz's situation of ended unresolved. Ortiz always had great relationship with the media, so they kind of backed off, and no one ever knew what substance he supposedly tested positive for.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sketchy on the details because it's been a while, but Ortiz's situation of ended unresolved. Ortiz always had great relationship with the media, so they kind of backed off, and no one ever knew what substance he supposedly tested positive for.

Ortiz flunked what was supposed to be an anonymous test, and nobody even knows what he flunked it with. But it's the height of hypocrisy if he gets in the HOF on the first ballot while Mike Piazza had to wait four ballots because of back acne and a reporters' game of telephone.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can one (or more) of the 'no' votes give me a reason other than ped's.

If you're asking should he be in the HOF I suppose, although there's just no way to tell how much of his numbers are real and how much aren't. If you're asking me if he will be in the HOF no, at least not for a long time. This is a group of writers that freaking keep guys out on SUSPICION of PED's let alone the transgressions A-Rod has had. Maybe when you get some of the old-school writers out and newer guys who could care less about purity voting for the HOF it'll change...or it'll change when the mythical seal gets broken and they vote for a PED guy like Ortiz or someone gets outed as a PED guy after going in.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If you're asking should he be in the HOF I suppose, although there's just no way to tell how much of his numbers are real and how much aren't. If you're asking me if he will be in the HOF no, at least not for a long time. This is a group of writers that freaking keep guys out on SUSPICION of PED's let alone the transgressions A-Rod has had. Maybe when you get some of the old-school writers out and newer guys who could care less about purity voting for the HOF it'll change...or it'll change when the mythical seal gets broken and they vote for a PED guy like Ortiz or someone gets outed as a PED guy after going in.
Oh I know the writers mentalities, but I wanted to know your opinion why. Arod was a dominant player as a teenager. It's safe to attribute an overwhelming majority of his accomplishments directly to Arod and his hall of fame talent.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
PED player who was most likely juicing his entire career.
Hope he never gets into the HoF. Good riddance.

Oh I know the writers mentalities, but I wanted to know your opinion why. Arod was a dominant player as a teenager. It's safe to attribute an overwhelming majority of his accomplishments directly to Arod and his hall of fame talent.

Read "The Game: by Jon Pessah", "Blood Sport: by Tim Elfrink and Gus Garcia-Roberts" and "A-Rod: by Selena Roberts" and tell me if you still think he was clean in high-school.

There's enough shade on his career all the way back to his high-school days to make one believe he was cheating the whole time.
His baseball career prior to his JR and SR year, when he grew 30lbs states he was an average highschooler at best. I don't believe he hit above .280 in his sophomore season.

Last edited:

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Girardi is acting like a 4 year old by benching Arod and not allowing him to play 3rd for a few innings. It only pisses off the other 20 guys in the clubhouse. The season is over, trading the teams best 3 players proved it.

Time for Girardi to be shown the door.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Girardi is acting like a 4 year old by benching Arod and not allowing him to play 3rd for a few innings. It only pisses off the other 20 guys in the clubhouse. The season is over, trading the teams best 3 players proved it.

Time for Girardi to be shown the door.

I wonder if it's really pissing anyone off.
There may be a lot more going on than people know.
Maybe the circus that is the A-Rod show was wearing on the clubhouse and that's why the Yankee's decided to kick him out with 2 months left in the season.

Why else would they boot him after they've traded all their assets and given up on the season?
Why not let him play 3B as much as he wanted during his victory lap tour?

I think there's more to it than Girardi being stubborn or acting like a child.

P.S. I'll be the first to admit I'm an A-Rod hater*. He was my favourite player as a teenager and it made me angry that all these roid-heads were putting up insane numbers making 'clean' A-Rod numbers look somewhat pedestrian (similar to Barry Bond's pre-PED numbers).
Then all the info started pouring out about how he was juicing over the course of several seasons.
I loathe PED users with a passion. Some don't care about it and that's their prerogative. But IMO, they destroy sports and hold back players who don't want to potentially put their long-term health in danger in order to gain an edge.
There is nothing anyone can say to dissuade me of that opinion. PED users are cheaters and liars and should receive life-time bans after only one infraction.

*As a player and basic human being. But I thought he did a terrific job providing colour commentary to last years postseason games.

Last edited:

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
People also forget that Girardi and the Yankees owe A-Rod nothing.
Not only did he get rich off the Yanks, but he also made sure to throw Girardi, the Yankees organization, MLB and the MLBPA under the bus when he was rightfully found guilty of juicing and served a 1-year suspension.

I'm sure A-Rod is well aware of that fact.
Perhaps if he had just taken his well-deserved punishment and kept his mouth shut, the Yankees would be allowing him to finish the season in a respectful way.

So if the decision to bench him and force him out with 2 months left in the season is out of spite, then it's totally on A-Rod's head.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
You mean the unprecedented 1 year ban where he didn't test positive and where MLB purchased information? That well deserved punishment?

Yes.
They had more than enough evidence to support the fact that he juiced.
They also gave him a chance to take a lesser punishment but he balked.

I honestly don't care how they got the information. He cheated, MLB found out, and he got what he deserved.
MLB's PED testing is clearly not the best but that shouldn't prevent them from dolling out proper justice.

If someone commits a crime but the State doesn't have the proper equipment to prove it, but an independent source does, should the criminal walk? I don't believe so.

Good riddance to one of the biggest cheaters, phonies and rats any pro sports league has ever seen.

P.S. He received a 1-year ban in accordance to the CBA where if a player fails two tests they receive a 1-year ban.
Since A-Rod consumed two different substances, he got the 2nd-strike punishment.
And with A-Rod's money, if he was truly wronged, he would have sued and won. He knew the evidence was all there.
Read the Bloodsport:Biogensis book. If that's nothing but lies, A-Rod would have used his considerable wealth to sue the publisher. He didn't. It's because it's all true.

Last edited:

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
it's amazing how far you can get holding a grudge, illegally buying evidence from criminals and not caring about how that is perceived. you too can a punishment not outlined in the jda!

also it's funny how when steinbrenner did this he was banned from baseball for two years. mlb won against a-rod because he's not stupid enough to sue the league.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think Girardi got overruled by upstairs after his 'I'll play him in the last four games' vow, that's obvious and why he's getting so testy to try to hide that fact.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
it's amazing how far you can get holding a grudge, illegally buying evidence from criminals and not caring about how that is perceived. you too can a punishment not outlined in the jda!

also it's funny how when steinbrenner did this he was banned from baseball for two years. mlb won against a-rod because he's not stupid enough to sue the league.

I think a lot of people forget this

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think a lot of people forget this

No people just don't care cause it's not like what they found out wasn't true. Why should I feel sympathy for someone doing illegal and immoral things just because they're being outed in an illegal and immoral way?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
you don't like him and are incapable of discerning the player from the person. look, i think a-rod is a real subpar person who is a tryhard. he's still one of the best players ever and is no worse than some of the biggest names in baseball history.

ffs gaylord perry is in the hall of fame and is getting a statue. he cheated in ways that actually affected the outcomes of games in a real sense and he's one of the most celebrated pitchers ever.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
sheehan put it better than i could

"We lost a lot of years to discussing some of the best players in baseball history solely in the context of whether they did things we didn't care about in 1978, framing not just their athletic feats, but their entire personas, on one issue. What we've learned, not just with Rodriguez, but with Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire and Jason Giambi and Bartolo Colon, is that if you put down the pitchforks for a minute, you find that these men are just like the generation before them and the generation before them and the generation before them: baseball players, competitive to a fault, comprised of good and bad traits. Rodriguez isn't a hero and he isn't a bad guy, and it's a shame that it took this long for him to be covered as neither one nor the other."

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Guess it's Tyler Austin getting called up to replace A-Rod. Kind of cold to leak that while he's still 'playing' :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00