A question for pro fantasy hockey commissioners

Megiddon

Jan 10, 2011
I got a friend who headed up a yahoo fantasy league. His latest stunt however has ticked me off to say the least.

2 days ago he offered Denis Wideman (not even top 50 defenseman) and Dwayne Roloson (I need not say more) for 5th best defenseman Tobias Enstram and top 5 goalie Jonas Hiller.

First off this trade makes no sense, trading a D and a G for another D and a G that are infinitely better. I didn't think the guy was going to be stupid enough to do this trade, but alas he did. My friend explained that the guy is a LA Kings fan and it was taboo to have an Anaheim goalie. Even then this trade does not make sense in any shape or form due to how insanely lopsided it is.

Would any of you other commissioners allow such a trade? I am thinking of just quitting this particular league. I for one couldn't make such a trade with anyone without feeling a ridiculous amount of guilt afterwards.

Megiddon

Jan 10, 2011
Wrong board. You want Fantasy Talk and Hockey Video Games not this one which is specific for the HFNHL.

I can't make any new threads on that board. If someone would be so kind as to put this thread there for me :)

This guy actually things trading Roloson for Enstrom is a fair trade? o_O

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
I'm part of the team that reviews trades for this league and I wouldn't let this deal go through. Sounds like a newbie-mistake to me... Even if the guy is a Kings fan, he has to get more out of Hiller...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'm part of the team that reviews trades for this league and I wouldn't let this deal go through. Sounds like a newbie-mistake to me... Even if the guy is a Kings fan, he has to get more out of Hiller...

More to the point, if you're playing with people who even have to *ask* the question "is this a fair deal?", then you're wasting your time.

Megiddon

Jan 10, 2011

Thanks for your response, my rebuttal at least caused him to want to give Hiller back. But he thinks Roloson for Enstrom is a fair trade?

EDIT: His initial reasoning was that he was only interested in Enstrom. So he offered Roloson for him. And seeing that this guy had 4 defenseman,he offered Wideman to fill in the gap that Enstrom being gone would cause. So for Wideman he asked for Hiller, and he didn't realize Hiller was this good....

I had wanted to be commish this year. I know the reasoning is that if someone makes a mistake as newbie as this, the rest of the other teams pay for one man's stupidity.

Last edited:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
This is funny. He thinks we are a pool and not a Sim league.

Either way I wouldn't do this trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad