A question for Goalies (Pads)

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
Hey fellow goalies! I have a question I'm just curious about. When you play, do you have you pad straps very tight, medium, or very loose? And do you think this effects your play/style? Post your opinions

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
have straps medium to tight at the bottom and looser up top. don't have the new pads that are +2, +4 sized - just an older pair of heaton helites V's. don't play goal a lot but would call my style - flopping like a dying fish sort of style.

back when i first started playing goal i had the really old leather pads filled with deer hair i had the strapping tight all over (except maybe a bit looser with the very top strap). these pad would mold more to your legs but would weigh a ton later in a game when they had soaked up quite a bit of water.

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
I like my pads to go from very tight at the ankle and it gets progressively looser as you go up. I have nylon straps that don't really lock properly so I wear mine at the start of the game about medium tight and by the 2nd half of the game, it's perfect and loose.

goalie29

Oct 17, 2010
Canada
I set mine up while in a butterfly - just tight enough to not tug on any one spot too much when I was down.

When I stand up they're quite loose. They're mostly held on by the boot strap (through the back of my blade holder), toe ties, and knee lock.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
All personal preference.

When I started playing goal 15 years ago, all my straps were very tight. Now, every strap is on it's last hole. They are extremely loose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad