Line Combos: a Proper 4th Line

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't even really care about the fourth line. We are a 3-line team regardless if it's Orr/McLaren/McClement or D'Amigo/Ashton/Bodie/McClement.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
love bodie and ashton on 4th line...they both have great size, solid skating, hit, forecheck hard, and really gives it all each shift, brings a lot of energy

sw13

Jan 31, 2014
Realistically it will probably be Ashton-Mcclement-Orr down the stretch, but I honestly see no reason to even play Orr anymore. Rivalry game or not. Bodie-Mcclement-Ashton is a good one, but the one I'd like to see the most is D'Amigo-Mcclement-Ashton, and play them 8-10 minutes a night. Really think D'Amigo deserves a shot and has backed it up with his time in the NHL.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Realistically it will probably be Ashton-Mcclement-Orr down the stretch, but I honestly see no reason to even play Orr anymore. Rivalry game or not. Bodie-Mcclement-Ashton is a good one, but the one I'd like to see the most is D'Amigo-Mcclement-Ashton, and play them 8-10 minutes a night. Really think D'Amigo deserves a shot and has backed it up with his time in the NHL.

While I agree we could ice a better 4th line, I can't help but wonder who do you want to take away the ice time from if you play them 10 minutes a night?

If/when the team is healthy (ie. Bolland back) what match up would you utilize this 10 minutes a night?

Certainly not against another team's top 2 lines.
Not protecting a narrow lead.
Not when trailing.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but am interested in how people would deploy these extra minutes that they would like to see the 4th line play.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
A true enforcer is not needed. I like Orr and McLaren, but they are not useful in today`s game.

We have plenty of team toughness to deal with rats.

Broll deserves a look.

I like what he brings.

Bodie-McClement-Broll

Is my pick.

Avec Fromage*

In the post-season, it needs to hit and hit hard. That's all I care about. We only started to turn it around against Boston when Komarov and Orr started to check the living hell out of Chara every single chance they got.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
A good 4th line would be Ashton-McCLement-Bodie with McLaren to sub in against teams with enforcers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad