A Potentially Unpopular Opinion: I've Grown Tired of Playoff Beards

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I don't mind neat looking beards, but some of them are such a mess, that I agree, they're not nice to look at. I don't think the league should impose anything about them, but maybe give them a gentle nudge about neatness and grooming in general - like how most guys generally come to work in nice looking suits.

Reactions: Killion

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
Not a fan of beards, or playoff beards. I think it frankly looks unprofessional.

cut.jpg

Heck, it even appears that Guy Lapointe shaved off his perennial three day stubble before hoisting the Cup. Wanted to clean up for the cameras, I guess.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
I like them. It adds to the whole "these last two months were a ****ing war and you don't look pretty at the end of it" feel of the playoffs.
If you don't keep up your hygiene in war-time, you're going to have flees and diseases running around. Can't have that, hence shaving is a thing, couple in with proper discipline of course.

Beards just makes it look so lazy.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
You realize historically in war soldiers didn't have beards right? It was, is and always has been unprofessional.

Depends on the era, and the war. Eventually you just flat out couldn't because it prevented a proper seal on your gas mask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad