A positive outlook on the coaching decision

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
If one comment by an unsupportive coach can ruin a guy's year, he doesn't have the makeup to be a quality professional athlete.

Reimer is pretty lucky he found a modicum of success in Toronto the past few years. In relation to the rest of the league he's probably a Peter Budaj type backup talent who had a nice taste of first string responsibilities and some local stardom on the league's biggest stage.

that's a perfect comparison. i honestly don't seen reimer as a legit #1 goalie in this league, but he's an above average back-up goalie IMO. i see reimer having a budaj/chris mason type career.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
that's a perfect comparison. i honestly don't seen reimer as a legit #1 goalie in this league, but he's an above average back-up goalie IMO. i see reimer having a budaj/chris mason type career.

and the faster Reimer realises that - the better for his career.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
The only silver lining I can possibly take from keeping Carlyle around is that he's hopefully going to be forced to work with some new assistant coaches who will challenge his coaching system and technique and be successful in taking a different approach. Can't know what what works if you don't give things a try.

The Great Gazoo

Hello, dum dum
May 2, 2014
Isle of Van
I look at it two ways.

One, if Randy and his new staff is effective, and they have a good season, clearly it was the right decision to keep him. Obviously off season moves will play a big part in this.

Two, if things do go sideways, this is probably the best year to do so. I'm not suggesting Nonis and Shanahan used this as their primary reason to keep Carlyle on but, perhaps if the right coach, whoever that may be, was not available, they didn't want to waste an interim coach. So you keep Carlyle, and you're rolling the dice knowing if things do go bad, the payout is a pretty good player in a really deep draft. Potentially a top two pick drafting the best player since Tavares in 2009.

Tyler Biggs*

Same head coach, but new assis. coaches, maybe this will work (optimistic approach). But, if Carlyle does not start benching players for under-performing, he is sending the message that mediocrity is acceptable, and that's what we will get.

Kyle Doobas*

People all over the board
Join hands
Start a tank nation
Tank nation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad