A place for F40 refugees

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Just change the F40 title to

"Arizona Coyotes fans now talking about the Utah Whatevers, because they don't want to do it over on the actual Utah Whatevers forum" :laugh:
100% this...it's exactly why I am hoping it stays open. I'll just talk about BA, scouts, draft, coaches, etc. on down to players here. I'll still refer to them as Coyotes and no new fan will get butt hurt cause they'll be in their own shiny new Stormin Mormon's forum. Basically just allows the F40 community to still exist and support the Coyotes players and front office from afar while hoping for expansion.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
100% this...it's exactly why I am hoping it stays open. I'll just talk about BA, scouts, draft, coaches, etc. on down to players here. I'll still refer to them as Coyotes and no new fan will get butt hurt cause they'll be in their own shiny new Stormin Mormon's forum. Basically just allows the F40 community to still exist and support the Coyotes players and front office from afar while hoping for expansion.
You nailed it Syn - Stormin' Mormons! :DD

Fans of Bruce Armstrong section…
Bruce?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So, 10 years ago, who had Vegas, Seattle and Salt Lake City all with NHL teams here out west, and us not? *sigh*

I'm guessing SLC will be forced to play in the Central div, but I get what you are saying.

Edit: SLC is 15 minutes closer to Chicago than Phoenix. My midwest brain thought they were further west for some reason.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
When Phoenix gets an expansion team, maybe they will be placed in the Pacific div

1713300513249.png

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Heh, yeah. Like I said it's an option that's being considered. But for my money I want to see what comes of this after the 18th before deciding. Does this scenerio seem serious or not basically. Cause right now I assume it's not serious they need to prove it.

I mainly just don't want to see the board sit there unused for years at a time but I could "hide" it. The other option is to only permit certain posters on it.

I'm also considering just letting y'all decide to an extent. But I feel like even if we did leave it open it will atrophy.
I haven't bothered to read past this post yet, but my nostalgia says leave it open for 10 years. Logically I'd argue 5 years, half the time given to companies to maintain record of certain financial data. It'll act as a holding ground should the team return, as well as help retain those with an investment in the board without ruffling feathers.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Well, even if I archive it and close it I can "reactivate" it along with the franchise should such a thing actually happen :laugh:
Can it still be posted in under the archived and closed positions? I'd image it can't. By nostalgia I mean the experience of posting with the rest of you mutts. I don't want to go back and relive the nightmare of the last 25 years! Lol! Not unless we win a Stanley Cup, so I can be the grumpy old man talking about what I had to live through to my grandkids. That's the dream.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Arizona technically is an inactive franchise so it not like they are going away and f40 can follow the ride back to nhl.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Bumping this for a couple reasons - first of all, to remind everyone that the Discord is a good place to come and vent after tonight, and second to try and head off another Utah based tangent... :sarcasm:

Although @Summer Rose might put a Utah board on her server... it's in discussion for those who desire it... ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad