Post-Game Talk: A New Level of Suckage | Canucks 0 @ Jets 2

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
To be fair those other players are 19, playing in the NHL at junior age, trying to learn the league, making 850,000 not being paid 14 million to lead the team.

This is not the first time in the last few years the Sedins fade down the stretch.

The goalies are the only players on this team who should be calling anyone out. The guys who get no goal support from anyone, including the Sedins, and are left to face 40-50 shots most nights.

Really? The Sedins have been carry the team for last few years. They slump for a stretch and its not due to effort and you are calling them out.

Daniel specifically called out the team for its effort.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think you can still respect the Sedins play in the past while being critical of their current play. I mean, they make as much money as the rest of our current healthy forwards combined so I don't think they should be exempt from criticism when the team doesn't score for 3 straight games.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
I think you can still respect the Sedins play in the past while being critical of their current play. I mean, they make as much money as the rest of our current healthy forwards combined so I don't think they should be exempt from criticism when the team doesn't score for 3 straight games.

I think people can also differentiate between effort and production.

Criticising the Sedins for slumping is one thing saying they shouldnt criticise effort or arent ones to talk because they are slumping is quite another.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

EXACTLY.

And there have been stretches before that where the Sedins have been as invisible as anyone.

And this is not the first season in recent years they have faded down the stretch.

I think most of us get what the Sedins have done here, but what it is about some Vancouver fans if players have paid their dues in the past they are forever loved and excused from any criticism for eternity?

Like Burrows paid his dues in the past so it is perfectly fine that he hasn't been worth close to 4.5 million for 3 years but its all good. Don't call out our beloved Alex.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I think people can also differentiate between effort and production.

Criticising the Sedins for slumping is one thing saying they shouldnt criticise effort or arent ones to talk because they are slumping is quite another.

Sorry but I have seen some invisible stretches from the Sedins in the last half of this year and no they are not winning all their puck battles either.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Sorry but I have seen some invisible stretches from the Sedins in the last half of this year and no they are not winning all their puck battles either.

Lol good on your eye test then.

Somehow that negates them calling out their teamates soecifically youngsters and coming on the heels of Virtanen and McCann getting doghoused.

Nevermind your argument was about their current acoring drought.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Henrik is pretty clearly playing injured and has been for several months. They've also been playing with Grenier and Virtanen (neither of whom make a lick of sense on that line) and a terrible group of defence that can't move the puck up the ice. I don't think it's particularly notable that they've gone cold, but I'm also glad that they have, so maybe I'm biased..

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Henrik is pretty clearly playing injured and has been for several months. They've also been playing with Grenier and Virtanen (neither of whom make a lick of sense on that line) and a terrible group of defence that can't move the puck up the ice. I don't think it's particularly notable that they've gone cold, but I'm also glad that they have, so maybe I'm biased..

I think that they can't make the simple plays with each other is a big indicator they are both struggling, whether that is struggling with injuries, rotating line mates, confidence, or just motivation knowing this is a lost season now with only meaningless games, I don't know. So many off sides or offensive zone turnovers recently because they failed to connect on a short 15' passes.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
I think that they can't make the simple plays with each other is a big indicator they are both struggling, whether that is struggling with injuries, rotating line mates, confidence, or just motivation knowing this is a lost season now with only meaningless games, I don't know. So many off sides or offensive zone turnovers recently because they failed to connect on a short 15' passes.

To me it looks like they are playing not to get hurt. Which is understandable. At this age and this is the time of the season the young legs should be doing the heavy lifting for them.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
To me it looks like they are playing not to get hurt. Which is understandable. At this age and this is the time of the season the young legs should be doing the heavy lifting for them.

I just thought the timing was a bit weird to criticize those young legs when they are not exactly on top of their own games. They are paid 14 million to produce goals. They have 2 between them in 10 games.

The powerplay, which they lead the first unit, is completely dismal. Those are not tough minutes and should produce something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad