Traded A New Bishop - Bye, Max, it's been Lajoie

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Oh yeah, Belleville are likely going to be quite bad this year. Then again, I don't know what Toronto, Manitoba and Laval look like so it's tough to say.

Lajoie would have a tough time cracking that group though.

Lajoie hasn't been the same since the sports hernia, but even before that he desperately needed to add some strength. He was a dark horse favourite of mine the year we drafted him so I was pretty happy when he cracked the roster out of camp, but it was evident after less than a dozen games he probably should have gone down.

Reactions: Matsens15

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Oh yeah, Belleville are likely going to be quite bad this year. Then again, I don't know what Toronto, Manitoba and Laval look like so it's tough to say.

Lajoie would have a tough time cracking that group though.

They are not going to be that bad at all. They should have a top goalie in the league in daccord. Brannstrom will be one of the best offensive defenseman in the league. A top 3 of brannstrom, Jaros, and zub should be fine for the AHL.

On forward you'll be looking at guys like Logan brown, chlapik, abramov, formenton with vets sprinkled in like Haley, peca. Sokolov could be interesting.

They'll be fine, they are still packed with a lot of talent.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
They are not going to be that bad at all. They should have a top goalie in the league in daccord. Brannstrom will be one of the best offensive defenseman in the league. A top 3 of brannstrom, Jaros, and zub should be fine for the AHL.

On forward you'll be looking at guys like Logan brown, chlapik, abramov, formenton with vets sprinkled in like Haley, peca. Sokolov could be interesting.

Have to remember they are only playing 3 other teams. I don't know anything about the other teams to comment though.

Zub won't go down though.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Have to remember they are only playing 3 other teams. I don't know anything about the other teams to comment though.

Zub won't go down though.

If zub doesn't go down because the taxi squad is filled, you have to remember all the other AHL teams top players will also be on their taxi squads so they'll be weaker too.

Unless the taxi squad goes away once the AHL is in swing of things but I haven't heard anything of that.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

A lot of these guys are going to be on the taxi squad.

Safe to assume that Daccord, Chlapik, Haley, Zub and at least one of Jaros or Brannstrom will be in Ottawa.

Formenton - Brown - Abramov
Skoklov - Peca - Shaw
Bishop - Beaudin - Labate
Kelly - Cassels - Kastelic
Magwood
Reinhardt

Brannstrom - Labrie
Aspirot - Thomson
Alsing - Dougherty
Williams

Gus
Mandolese

Not great, but who knows what will happen in a 4 team division.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
A lot of these guys are going to be on the taxi squad.

Safe to assume that Daccord, Chlapik, Haley, Zub and at least one of Jaros or Brannstrom will be in Ottawa.

Formenton - Brown - Abramov
Skoklov - Peca - Shaw
Kelly - Beaudin - Labate
Reinhardt - Cassels - Kastelic
Magwood

Brannstrom - Labrie
Aspirot - Thomson
Alsing - Dougherty
Williams

Gus
Mandolese

Not great, but who knows what will happen in a 4 team division.

Take into consideration that other teams will also have 2-3 healthy scratches and like 5-6 taxi squad guys so they'll be much thinner too.

Most won't have a 1-2-3 punch of brown, formenton, abramov or a brannstrom on defense. They're all capable of a point per game in the AHL.

Most teams only have a couple guys who can be a point per game and if one or two of them are on their taxi squad they'll be thin.

Yes, Ottawa/belleville might have more talent on their taxi squad but they're also so deep they'll have more talent left over on their AHL team than most.

Also, won't we be getting some prime AHL talent at the end of the year like pinto or Bernard docker or maybe Sanderson? I'm sure they could be great end of year addition for a playoff push

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Any insight on Bishop?

Decent depth guy, kind of your typical call-up player I guess. He's not a world beater or anything but he's a lot better than the AHL guys the Canes used to call up.

This was his first goal.....

This video doesn't do it justice, they spent about 5 minutes reviewing this.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I wonder if Balcers getting claimed was motivation to make this deal.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Decent depth guy, kind of your typical call-up player I guess. He's not a world beater or anything but he's a lot better than the AHL guys the Canes used to call up.

This was his first goal.....

This video doesn't do it justice, they spent about 5 minutes reviewing this.

I like that skating stride. Know nothing about him. Don't like this. I miss Lajoie already. Good luck man. Prove this management wrong.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Remember when Max was a Calder front runner after that explosive start to his NHL career?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Canes fan here. He's a speedy hard working player. A bit undersized but it doesn't work against him. He isn't the most offensively gifted player but he has decent hands and plays with pace. Think you'll like him if there's room for him to play 4C.

In Belleville?

Reactions: Icelevel

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Damn.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Lajoie. Statistically the odds are against him, but I really think he'll carve out a decent career in the NHL. And you can never have enough blueliners.

I just hope this doesn't mean they're going to suddenly rush Lassi or Sanderson into the NHL next year. Those kids still need a fair bit of development time.

Reactions: Icelevel

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
I feel like lajoie could have played instead of reilly or play on the taxi squad At least see if he can develop something more. But it is what it is. I’m sure this bishop will be...not that great. Or maybe a diamond in the rough
Hey man you should run the Ottawa senators

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Why did Carolina use a trade to get Lajoie when they could have claimed off waivers the day before?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why did Carolina use a trade to get Lajoie when they could have claimed off waivers the day before?
I also think there are some rules to what you can do with the player if you claim them off waiver. More redirections. I think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad