A Nail Yakupov interview (Translated from Google)

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Glad to read that Nelson put in the effort and helped Yak's game especially after all the benching and ******** under Ikinzom.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Funny that all the names were left the same except "Davo Ikinzom." Maybe Yak called him something other than his proper name. I'm voting for "incompetent jerk."

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
rgVn27a.png

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Davo Ikinzom sounds like such an awesome name
Eakins is not worthy of that title

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Well that sucks that he's going to get executed in the fall, but he seems fairly non-chalant about it so I guess he's come to terms with it all.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
i think him saying his favourite band is nickleback is a translation error. Another possibility is that he has forgotten how to speak russian and did not understand the question.

It could also be something that Iknzom forced him to like and Nelson just didn't have enough time to get him to hate them in favor of 80's metal.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Also, his mother works as Dad. Must be a Russian thing.
Or maybe it was just an auxilary verb off. As does Dad.
I'm actually impressed with how decent the free translation software is recently.
As little as five years ago that article would have been utterly unintelligible.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
- I am very glad that this has made the contract - $ 5 million over two seasons. I made it with their work, their diligence, their game. I did my best, especially in the second half of the season. We all enjoyed playing in that atmosphere that brought the team Nelson. It was nice to not only play, but also to be in the locker room, outside the stadium. I am 22 years will be executed in the fall, I think it's time to show a decent game, and would love to play in plef-off. It used to be I had my doubts, as he sat on the bench, now I am happy with everything as a team.

-------------
****, looks like Yak is a goner...

I wonder if there's a compensation clause in the CBA for executed players...

beaterson

Jun 13, 2011
the 780
So I got that Nail Yakupov is a Nickelback fan on death row with a 'mother/father' living with him?

This can't be good.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Or maybe it was just an auxilary verb off. As does Dad.
I'm actually impressed with how decent the free translation software is recently.
As little as five years ago that article would have been utterly unintelligible.

Keep in mind that a this is because there are a number of grammar structure similarities between English and Russian, just about every Chinese->English translation I've seen generated by these programs is painful to read.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

What does such an irreconcilable expression convey? So often in Eakins I saw a sneering, prancing, legend in his own mind beyond reproach. That someone even engaged in facial expression like that which conveys sneering, disgust, contempt, and do this under professional hire is beyond me.

Its OK for a coach to express anger, frustration, but with Eakins it was often something different.

I'll be completely honest here. If any guy started looking at me like that I'd ask what his basic issue was.

Still remember two vets talking to Taylor Hall on the bench to calm him down after the Water bottle fracas. When Hall had the same reaction most of us would have.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Didn't want to talk about his +/- in any language.:laugh:

I'm sympathetic to the view and Yak not wanting to go into "efficiency" numbers but translation aside some stubbornness is at work here. I defend Yak at every turn, and I'm a fan of the game he can bring. But we do have here a player that can get pissed off and show reaction which impacts his feelings and play.

Very emotional player that requires some astute management. Somewhat harder guy to confront though is my perception.

All that said the above could all just be due to how Yak was treated under Eakins. Sometimes that results in residual frustration and digging heels in.

Will be interesting to see what happens with a veteran coach that will have clear expectations and grant toi on that basis. Yak has to be real ready to start next season. Something that has been a grey area for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad