A Message From Mike Sullivan: Thank You, Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
TLDR

All he needs to do is log in here for the solutions.

Also. This isnt common unless the coach was fired/quit, lol. So......

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
His job is probably safe for another 5 years, so the prospect of people *****ing over minor roster decisions every day is very exciting.
If it was minor issues sure. But the guy literally had issues trying to figure out simple line up shit and to keep certain players together and let chemistry develop. It's been a huge problem for this team for years.

The most consistent line in the Crosby Malkin era is literally the Dupuis Crosby Kunitz line.

Sullivan is still playing blind darts with the lineup at times.

Let's not get started on his f***ing minutes usage for Letang either.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There were no simple lineup decisions given how everybody but Phil was trash to start the year. Sheary fell off of a cliff, Guentzel started poorly, Sid started extremely slow, Hagelin did as well, and at the end of the season everybody and their mom was injured. He’s a damn good coach and we might be talking about a 3rd straight final if some things bounced right.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My complaint with Sullivan has less to do with his lineup decisions, which were often perplexing, like his love of the ever average turnover machine that was Simon....

I think for whatever reason his adjustments this year during the POs were minimal and obviously ineffective...some of us were yelling at him to play more of a 1-1-3 himself when the Caps trapping was stifling us....as we can see from the TB series, the Caps didn’t handle the 3rd forward up well and weren’t scoring when TB was playing a trap...sometimes I think he gets wedded to his system when other adjustments could have been made that might have helped with the defensive gaps and other issues, and might have prevented as many breakaways as we were giving the Caps....it was a disappointing performance by him as well this year especially given how good he was the last two years

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t think playing a trap would have been a good adjustment. They would have won with average goaltending and goals from anyone else besides the top line.

Reactions: zero8771

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just want to know why the leading scorer and goal scorer of the playoffs wasn't on the top power play unit.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kris Letang.
images

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Translation: As you may be aware, I never contributed to a cup winning team as a player. Now with back to back cups I will surely be going into the hall of fame as a coach. Thank you Pens fans for letting me inherit a great team. This past off season I was allowed to put my imprint on the team for years to come. Me and Rutherford decided that you fans got more than you already bargained for with those 2 cups. We allowed the Knights to take that Fluery contract off our hands so that we could lock down Maata and Dumo to nice hefty long term deals. Did you see how Dumo tried to look like Bobby Orr in the Caps series we lost? Yeah it would have been nice if he got back or could finish but we own him until 2023! By then he’ll have figured things out so just be patient. With Maata and Letang locked up until 2022 and Dumo the left side of the defense is sure to provide for much excitement for the long term future. The addition of Oleksiak will only add to the fun if one of the regulars goes down. How about that Derick Brassard? Yeah he will be 31 years old before next season starts but his 1 goal in the playoffs was more than Ian Cole had last year. I Know Cole had 9 points in last years playoffs to Brassards 4 this year but Cole played in twice as many games last year! Never mind that Cole would have been the only Penguin responding to Wilson’s antics I’m sure some Penguin will finds some stones next year. As this years playoffs unwind enjoy the fact that former Pens Fluery and Kunitz still have a shot for 3 peat. I’m wetting my pants in anticipation of the excitement the 31 year old Brassard will provide for you next year. So Pens fans thanks for letting me have my way with the team. As we move forward remember that I am going to the hall of fame for just those two years. My job status is probably safe for another 3 or 4 years. Thank you..thank you …thank you.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Translation: As you may be aware, I never contributed to a cup winning team as a player. Now with back to back cups I will surely be going into the hall of fame as a coach. Thank you Pens fans for letting me inherit a great team. This past off season I was allowed to put my imprint on the team for years to come. Me and Rutherford decided that you fans got more than you already bargained for with those 2 cups. We allowed the Knights to take that Fluery contract off our hands so that we could lock down Maata and Dumo to nice hefty long term deals. Did you see how Dumo tried to look like Bobby Orr in the Caps series we lost? Yeah it would have been nice if he got back or could finish but we own him until 2023! By then he’ll have figured things out so just be patient. With Maata and Letang locked up until 2022 and Dumo the left side of the defense is sure to provide for much excitement for the long term future. The addition of Oleksiak will only add to the fun if one of the regulars goes down. How about that Derick Brassard? Yeah he will be 31 years old before next season starts but his 1 goal in the playoffs was more than Ian Cole had last year. I Know Cole had 9 points in last years playoffs to Brassards 4 this year but Cole played in twice as many games last year! Never mind that Cole would have been the only Penguin responding to Wilson’s antics I’m sure some Penguin will finds some stones next year. As this years playoffs unwind enjoy the fact that former Pens Fluery and Kunitz still have a shot for 3 peat. I’m wetting my pants in anticipation of the excitement the 31 year old Brassard will provide for you next year. So Pens fans thanks for letting me have my way with the team. As we move forward remember that I am going to the hall of fame for just those two years. My job status is probably safe for another 3 or 4 years. Thank you..thank you …thank you.
SkinnyNarrowGermanspitz-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad