A look at the Analytics, Sens Season to date.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The Ottawa Senators results have not matched expectations, to say the least. They have been at the bottom of the league for almost the entire year and just haven’t been able to match their results from their trip to the Eastern Conference Final last season. However, as of late, they have picked it up. In their last 20 games, they have a record of 9-9-2 – good enough for a 0.500 Point Percentage (P%). While this doesn’t seem great, this is still an improvement on the rest of the year. Earlier this season, they went 17-25-9 – for a 0.422P%. So, are the Ottawa Senators results because of better play? Let’s find out. (All data is taken from Corsica)

Comparing Ottawa Senators Results To Early This Season

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why are they only looking at the last 20? 9-9-2 in the last 20 but 11-10-2 in the last 23 which is even better...

Also started the season 8-3-5 so if you combine those 2 stretches, that's 19-13-7, which is a 95 pts pace.

The problem is between that, when coming back from Sweden November 16th up to the last day of January where they combined a 7-21-4 record. A stretch of 32 games that completely killed the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good to see us playing better as of late. Got to think (Unless we blow it all up this summer) with a few tweaks to the roster and a high draft pick we could be a playoff team again next year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am not sure how much we can read into any improvements when the games don't matter. I think the things that matter most are things like finding chemistry like we are seeing with Hoffman , Duchene and Dzingel and younger players like Chabot making improvements in their game. Its too bad imo, that we haven't had our higher profile players up and playing from Belleville. I am glad that Chlapik finally got a callup again. Seriously what are they doing with Burrows and Gaborik ?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Analytics can say or tell us whatever.

Only way this team is worse next year than this year is if Karlsson is gone. Plain and simple

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I am not sure how much we can read into any improvements when the games don't matter. I think the things that matter most are things like finding chemistry like we are seeing with Hoffman , Duchene and Dzingel and younger players like Chabot making improvements in their game. Its too bad imo, that we haven't had our higher profile players up and playing from Belleville. I am glad that Chlapik finally got a callup again. Seriously what are they doing with Burrows and Gaborik ?

Burrows I think probably just rides it out. Its a 35+ contract with a year left. Hopefully they limit his minutes though

Will be interesting to see whether or not they buy out Gaborik. Seems pretty likely that was the plan all along, but you never know with this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad