A Look Ahead

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Just wanted to come over and say how really impressed by whats happening in Calgary over the last year. Adding Hamilton was huge and the draft was very strong for you guys. Good Luck on a great upcoming season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Thank you, our entire fan base is very optimistic to what is going on with our team. We have one of the best young cores in the entire NHL and with continued growth/development from our core we should hopefully not see regression next season.

Our management (including Feaster) has done a very nice job and deserves lots of credit.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Year 2 is just coming to a end and we already have a core of:

Monahan
Gaudreau
Bennett
Brodie
Hamilton
Giordano

If Gillies reaches his potential (which wouldn't shock me) watch out!

I also love our complementary pieces : Bouma, Russell, Backlund, Ferland (small sample size, but I think he'll play a key role for years to come)

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
The future is pretty bright here! Our immediate core is very strong:
Brodie
Hamilton
Giordano
Monahan
Gaudreau
Hudler
Bennett

Then they are the players who could be part of that core in years to come such as:
Poirier
Klmichuk
Jankowski
Kylignton
Hickey
Gilles
McDonald

And then we have some great complimentary players in our roster and our system. I haven't been this excited to be a flames fan in a long long time.

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
Just wanted to come over and say how really impressed by whats happening in Calgary over the last year. Adding Hamilton was huge and the draft was very strong for you guys. Good Luck on a great upcoming season.

Thanks, we're all proud of what our organization has been able to achieve in the last two seasons! And I think I can speak on behalf of all Flames fans in saying we're very excited for what's to come!

I also have a quick question for you! (Assuming your a leafs fan from your avatar)
I seen a few people talking about the winners and losers of the draft, and 3 of the 4 I've seen have the leafs listed as one of the three winner's. I'm just curious as to why. I feel like the leafs need to get bigger, they're just to easy to play against. And by selecting Marner (5'11), Dermott (5'11), Bracco (5'9) and more small players. Apart from Nielsen they didn't add size so I'm confused as to why everybody thinks they had such a good draft! I agree Marner was the right choice at 4, but I question some of the other picks. Good players but not matching organizational needs IMO!
I guess my question is why are people calling it a successful draft for the Leafs (besides the fact they got Marner)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Thanks, we're all proud of what our organization has been able to achieve in the last two seasons! And I think I can speak on behalf of all Flames fans in saying we're very excited for what's to come!

I also have a quick question for you! (Assuming your a leafs fan from your avatar)
I seen a few people talking about the winners and losers of the draft, and 3 of the 4 I've seen have the leafs listed as one of the three winner's. I'm just curious as to why. I feel like the leafs need to get bigger, they're just to easy to play against. And by selecting Marner (5'11), Dermott (5'11), Bracco (5'9) and more small players. Apart from Nielsen they didn't add size so I'm confused as to why everybody thinks they had such a good draft! I agree Marner was the right choice at 4, but I question some of the other picks. Good players but not matching organizational needs IMO!
I guess my question is why are people calling it a successful draft for the Leafs (besides the fact they got Marner)

The Leafs desperately need an injection of skill and smart players in their lineup, similar to us when Feaster took over. Their draft was very on point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad