OT: A little survey

penaltykiller

Feb 19, 2007
province of quebec
Hello! I don't post much here ( and when I do I usually have little success) , but I lurk here quite a bit.

I had a few questions for my fellow Habs fan if you are willing to take the time. I am not trying to create a contest to find out who is the most dedicated fan, I am mostly interested to find out if some people are more obsessed with hockey than me :laugh:

1- How many games do you watch in a year?

Habs:
Other teams:
CHL/NCAA:

2- Would you rather be a:
a. GM
b.Head coach
c. Head scout

3- Since this is HF Boards, how much time do you spend scouting the players for the next draft ? How do you do it? (Youtube, expert lists,etc)

Finally, please enjoy tonight's game for me as I will be stuck in a tuesday night class at uni.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
1-
Habs: 82+playoffs
Other teams: 1-10
NCAA/CHL: 1-5

2- a) GM

3- Varies depending on the year, but mostly from game report, expert list, games, fellow poster reports.

Analyzer*

Does other teams only refer to non Hab teams, or does it refer to other teams in other leagues not listed ?

I try to watch AHL games.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Habs: 60-82 depending on if I have internet/TV access wherever I am. Every playoff game.
Other teams: ~5-15, excl. playoffs
CHL/NCAA: 0

a. GM - when I was younger.
b.Head coach - Now I think it'd be very fun but challenging.
c. Head scout - seems most realistic, doesn't it?

3- Since this is HF Boards, how much time do you spend scouting the players for the next draft ? How do you do it? (Youtube, expert lists,etc)
Zero. I make up my mind during the pre-draft show and act like I knew all along during the draft... isn't that how we're supposed to do it?

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
1-

Habs: 50-70 (Miss many games due to work)
Other teams: 5-15
CHL/NCAA: 5-10

2- GM

3- Usually check HF's prospect forums once a day, also use Youtube and game reports, and I try to catch some games live if I can

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Hello! I don't post much here ( and when I do I usually have little success) , but I lurk here quite a bit.

I had a few questions for my fellow Habs fan if you are willing to take the time. I am not trying to create a contest to find out who is the most dedicated fan, I am mostly interested to find out if some people are more obsessed with hockey than me :laugh:

Habs:
Other teams:
CHL/NCAA:

a. GM
b.Head coach
c. Head scout

1-

Habs: 82+playoffs
Other teams: 10-15
CHL/NCAA: 1

2- I'd rather be a sports agent, but out of these options, I'd choose GM.

3- I spend close to 20 hours with scouting players for the next draft. I use hockeysfuture, youtube, expert lists, hockeydb.com, elite prospects, etc.

Finally, please enjoy tonight's game for me as I will be stuck in a tuesday night class at uni.

Where do you go to school?

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
1-
Habs: Try to catch 82+, but with work and 2 young kinds, I probably catch 70+
Other teams: 30-40+ Leafs games.
CHL/NCAA: Nil

2 - GM

3 - 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.

Analyzer*

I go to Sherbrooke U.

Other teams refer to other NHL teams. Sorry for the confusion.

Normally I watch all 82 games + playoffs, but because of my new job I'll miss some.

So, 60 hab games + At least 1 playoff game a day until the Conference finals/Cup finals when no game is on. + During the summer i'll rewatch good games the habs played, or, if I missed a game that was really good I'll watch it on there.

Other NHL teams. I would say on average of at least 5 games that don't involve the habs I watch a month.

CHL/NCAA - Mostly mem cup and the frozen 4 I'll watch. Overall, probably 10-12 games, but that will drop this year.

GM

YouTube clips/the odd game/comments from various posters on here that I respect and feel that they actually know what they're talking about. Tsn. McKeens RLR, books, or magazines like that. Between checking out video, games, reading the draft thread here, on the main board and some other teams, I would say 40 hours just to be for sure in the range of it. Never really thought of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up higher. This draft, as time goes on and I get more excited about it, the more I usually try to find info. Also, there's the Wjrs, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad