A little HFNHL playoff history info..

Default101

In the history of the HFNHL there are 4 teams that have NEVER missed the playoffs.. they are..

Detroit Red Wings - 4th Western Conferece
The Wings are the 2nd Best team in the HFNHL and have already clinched a playoff spot, unfortunately they will have a tougher 1st round match-up since the St. Louis Blues are ahead of them.

San Jose Sharks - 10th Western Conference
The pressure is on new Sharks gm Pasi as the Sharks need to almost win out just to catch the 8th and final playoff spot and keep their streak alive.

Philadelphia Flyers - 3rd Eastern Conferece
The Flyers have already clinched themselves another playoff birth and are fighting to hold onto the Atlantic Division title.

Ottawa Senators - 6th Eastern Conference
The Sens are holding onto 6th spot with the potential of moving up to 4th or down to8th but have clinched a playoff spot and will keep their streak alive.

On the other end of the spectrum there are 2 teams that have NEVER made the playoffs, but both look to end the streak and therefore declaring atleast one playoff appearance for every franchise in HFNHL history.

Florida Panthers - 8th Eastern Conference
Just hanging in there is the Panthers. With a Florida win combined with a Bruins and Rangers loss the Panthers will clinch their first ever playoff spot.

Nashville Predators - 8th Western Conference
In a much closer race between teams in 5th thru 11th are all fighting it out for the final 4 playoff spots, Nashville currently holds onto this one and if Tony's Predators can fend off Colorado and end San Jose's streak then they will clinch their first ever playoff appearance.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Florida Panthers - 8th Eastern Conference
Just hanging in there is the Panthers. With a Florida win combined with a Bruins and Rangers loss the Panthers will clinch their first ever playoff spot.

Which is crazy because when I took over this team, it appeared that someone had stripped it down for a big cup run. But i guess it had been stripped down for a playoff run that was unsuccessful :biglaugh:

Even with making the playoffs for the first time, I can't say that I'm not a little disappointed. For the vast majority of this season I was top 3/4 in the conference with home ice advantage in the playoffs. With one terrible month I've fallen all the way down to 8th, clinging to life support and ready to do battle with the behemoth Sabres.

At least a lot of my players (my defense in particular) have had very strong NHL seasons which should translate to even better ratings next year for my team, and crossing my fingers, an even better standing finish.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Great coverage, Ryan!

Nashville Predators - 8th Western Conference
In a much closer race between teams in 5th thru 11th are all fighting it out for the final 4 playoff spots, Nashville currently holds onto this one and if Tony's Predators can fend off Colorado and end San Jose's streak then they will clinch their first ever playoff appearance.

The Preds face my Jackets in three consecutive games this week. Considering over the last two meetings the Preds were unable to muster a single goal, I'd say they need to fend of Columbus if they want to hold onto their playoff spot! (No pressure, Tony...) ;)

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Great coverage, Ryan!

The Preds face my Jackets in three consecutive games this week. Considering over the last two meetings the Preds were unable to muster a single goal, I'd say they need to fend of Columbus if they want to hold onto their playoff spot! (No pressure, Tony...) ;)

i know i know... i have to find a solution for those jackets... maybe scratching rucchin will help? :dunno:

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Florida's Pick

Which is crazy because when I took over this team, it appeared that someone had stripped it down for a big cup run. But i guess it had been stripped down for a playoff run that was unsuccessful :biglaugh:

Even with making the playoffs for the first time, I can't say that I'm not a little disappointed. For the vast majority of this season I was top 3/4 in the conference with home ice advantage in the playoffs. With one terrible month I've fallen all the way down to 8th, clinging to life support and ready to do battle with the behemoth Sabres.

At least a lot of my players (my defense in particular) have had very strong NHL seasons which should translate to even better ratings next year for my team, and crossing my fingers, an even better standing finish.

Brock,

Not saying I've been happy with your recent slide but the Florida #1 I picked up in a trade with SJ in the offseason is looking much better now than it did much of the season.

Looks like the remainder of your schedule is pretty favourable though, so your bad ride of late may finally be over. Great job this year, when I first acquired the pick, I was hoping it would be a lottery pick (based on last year) but some some smart moves on your part have led to much success this year.

Good job,
Claudio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad