A level question about the Central European leagues

zimbarlee

Oct 21, 2013
I was trying to find out any rankings about the leagues in Central Europe but couldn't find that. So, I'm very interested about the leagues there even if I'm from Finland. I've trying to get information about the leagues but in the most cases German is too difficult for me. So, I'm asking about your opinions and maybe even official rankings about these leagues by the level of hockey:

EBEL (Austria)
INL (Austria)
Serie A (Italy)
Magnus (France)
DEL (Germany)
DEL2 (Germany)
Extraliga (Czech)
Extraliga (Slovakia)
Mol Liga (Hungary)

I think that the DEL, EBEL and Czech are the best but I have no idea about the other leagues.

If this is in wrong section, I'm sorry and please transfer it :)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I was trying to find out any rankings about the leagues in Central Europe but couldn't find that. So, I'm very interested about the leagues there even if I'm from Finland. I've trying to get information about the leagues but in the most cases German is too difficult for me. So, I'm asking about your opinions and maybe even official rankings about these leagues by the level of hockey:

EBEL (Austria)
INL (Austria)
Serie A (Italy)
Magnus (France)
DEL (Germany)
DEL2 (Germany)
Extraliga (Czech)
Extraliga (Slovakia)
Mol Liga (Hungary)

I think that the DEL, EBEL and Czech are the best but I have no idea about the other leagues.

If this is in wrong section, I'm sorry and please transfer it :)

Among the leagues you listed imo:

DEL (Germany)
Extraliga (Czech)
EBEL (Austria)
Extraliga (Slovakia)
Serie A (Italy)
DEL2 (Germany)
Magnus (France)
Mol Liga (Hungary)
INL (Austria)

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Among the leagues you listed imo:

DEL (Germany)
Extraliga (Czech)
EBEL (Austria)
Extraliga (Slovakia)
Serie A (Italy)
DEL2 (Germany)
Magnus (France)
Mol Liga (Hungary)
INL (Austria)

Seeing DEL ahead of czech makes me mad every time :) But in fact, speaking just about hockey quality, I do not know which one is better. I would say in direct competition czech teams would be better, if they play for 100 %....

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
My ranking would be:

Tier 1: DEL (Germany), Extraliga (Czech)
Tier 2: EBEL (Austria)
Tier 3: Extraliga (Slovakia)
Tier 4: Serie A (Italy), Magnus (France)
Tier 5: DEL2 (Germany)
Tier 6: INL (Austria), Mol Liga (Hungary)

I consider the leagues within each tier to be on par, and I couldn't choose one over the other.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
In my opinion, Czech league is significantly better than DEL. Slovak Extraliga is getting worse every year, but there are still some talented players. The biggest issues are the ice rinks, and insufficient money. However, I am not so sure about comparing EBEL and SVK Extraliga, I have been watching EBEL for some time and I wouldnt rank it ahead of SVK Extraliga, regarding purely the hockey quality.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
In my opinion, Czech league is significantly better than DEL.

I would say, they are both at same level. But you have to consider the preferred game system. I would say, Czech Extraliga is focused more to skilled players with soft hands. DEL is more for tough guys, the game is harder. Something like in North America.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I would say, they are both at same level. But you have to consider the preferred game system. I would say, Czech Extraliga is focused more to skilled players with soft hands. DEL is more for tough guys, the game is harder. Something like in North America.

Yeah, thats true, but if there would have been a direct competition between Czech and German teams, Czech teams would win IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad