Post-Game Talk: A king with no crown: Pens - 1, Kings - 0

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
+ IcedCapp - I bet this has been a rough week for IC. His favorite player was unceremoniously traded to the Ducks, Crosby has been mostly-dead all year, and the Pittsburgh Media, his idols, have really been off their game.

But IcedCapp was on fire tonight. He skipped a couple of games, but he brought it tonight. Hall of Fame level humor from the Capptain. Way to go, Capp. Happy to have you back. You're the man now, dog.

YinzAintBurgh*

Whoever said they lost the Neal trade and Hornqvist didn't make them a playoff team stop posting...

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
THE best game I've seen Fleury play in I don't know how long.
Totally stole that game for us.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
How happy is the West to see Hornqvist in the East? This guy owns the whole conference.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Matt Murray gets his 9th shutout of the season, Fleury gets his 9th shutout of the season. Fleury gets back to back shutouts vs LA to sweep them.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Awesome awesome game. LA were desperate for a win and we were on our 2nd game of a back to back.

Fleury was huge and Hornqvist wow just a great guy to have in a battle.

PP would have made this game way easier for us.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Fleury was fan-man-tastic tonight. He's been our MVP. Crazy to say that.....

Horns is EXACTLY what this team has been missing for 5 years in the postseason. He's a beast.

Crosby played with burst and was flying most of the night. Liked his energy level.

The PP still sucks so much ass.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
The +'s were everywhere, but Downie really brought it tonight. That's what we need in the post season. And no Adams.

Statement game, week, month, and season for PH. The man simply cannot be stopped. I look forward to the east learning to hate him like the west does.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Really solid effort tonight, kind of shocking we didn't get one in regulation.

Also, we realllly need to work on the PP. The only guys that fulfill their role properly every time are Horns and Malkin. Sid, Tanger, and Kuny all have PP warts that they need to either solve or sit for.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Hey coach, stop rewarding 14.

Good game, and they really fought to get that win. Maybe there is hope come playoff time.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ IcedCapp - I bet this has been a rough week for IC. His favorite player was unceremoniously traded to the Ducks, Crosby has been mostly-dead all year, and the Pittsburgh Media, his idols, have really been off their game.

But IcedCapp was on fire tonight. He skipped a couple of games, but he brought it tonight. Hall of Fame level humor from the Capptain. Way to go, Capp. Happy to have you back. You're the man now, dog.

First IC was afraid, he was petrified
Kept thinking he could never live without Simone by his side
But then he spent so many nights thinking how y'all did him wrong
And he grew strong and he learned how to get along

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
-Hornqvist and Fleury get the major pluses. Sutter should take some lessons from Hornqvist on how to battle hard, and actually win battles, along the boards.

-Perron and Crosby seem out of sync. Give Sid his BFF back and let's see how Malkin does with Perron for a few games.

-Another plus is Adams didn't dress. Make that permanent and I'll be a happy lad.

-They've ruined Bennett. He's been largely invisible since his "benching to learn how to play the right way".

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
A real playoff type game on a back to back.
Great game by everyone really.
Oh what the hell...
-Sutter just cuz

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hey coach, stop rewarding 14.

Good game, and they really fought to get that win. Maybe there is hope come playoff time.

After tonight, I am convinced that if Sid is to win the Art Ross, he'll need a bit more puck luck and Kunitz off the PP. And, I am convinced that if Geno is to win the Art Ross, he'll need to do so over Kunitz's dead body, because that's what he's going to have on his LW for the rest of the season.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Hornqvist just embarrassed Sutter...

Sutter should be embarrassed.

That was embarrassing. Even I feel embarrassed for Sutter.

Embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad