Post-Game Talk: A kick or not a kick | Pens 4, Flyers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Phil knows what's up.

The best part was the hilariously blatant positive reinforcement the rest of the team was trying to give him after (maybe a bit of a **** you to people, who knows). Someone posted the quotes. :laugh: He was great though.

Yeah I read those quotes as a bunch of middle fingers to the media for starting to get really hard on him of late. They did it a lot during Crosby's slump, too.

Another underrated aspect of trading Scuderi was just getting him out of that room after the potshots he took at Letang (and likely Crosby too) in the media for "complaining". No one likes to hear someone throw their teammates under the bus. I like it better this way.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does anyone know of a website that shows possession stats over a certain timeframe? I'm wondering where Mirtle got that information, I can't find anywhere that doesn't just give possession stats on the year.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
As satisfying of a win as we've had in quite a while.

I wanted Rutherford fired after the Winnik trade, but he's quietly replaced useless players with much better ones over the span of this season. Sullivan's going to get the credit, but consider that JR turned Perron and Scuderi into Hagelin and Daley. That's like exchanging vomit for gold and JR managed to do it twice in one year. I'm trying to think of another time in the past we got something similar in return for a complete loser like David Perron and drawing a blank. Quite literally a "let me give you my worst player for one of your good players" transaction.

Also, Matt Cullen might be the best free agent signing in franchise history, strange as this sentence is to type. If there's been a better, more cost-effective UFA signing, I can't remember who it was.

Crosby was just fine with Hagelin on his wing

Crosby was, but Kessel wasn't. 87 had 2 assists yesterday. Idk what Kessel had, but his line was really good and a lot of that had to do with Hagelin. We can't win games with one line. If you flip flop Hags and Kunitz, I would suspect Kessel's line goes bone dry.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Does anyone know of a website that shows possession stats over a certain timeframe? I'm wondering where Mirtle got that information, I can't find anywhere that doesn't just give possession stats on the year.

Probably war on ice. Puckalytics might also have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad