A job in hockey II

XweekendwarriorX

Jul 19, 2007
Buffalo,NY
i also came across that awhile ago and was too afraid to ask if people thought it was legit and reputable, looks good enough to me, ej mcguire is one of the instructors right?

E.J. Hradek is one but no one named mcguire is. the people that instruct it all seem good and legit. but im always slow to take to courses on-line as i got shafted in 2 from high school.

Headcoach

Mar 29, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
www.passthepuck.net
http://www.sportsmanagementworldwid...hockeygm.asp?gclid=CNiGp7vegZQCFQo2GgodS3ZbVw

I came across this today was wondering what people thought about it?

Here you go.....

WOU charges tuition of $50 per credit. This is in addition to the cost of the course through SMWW. There are no refunds for this university credit. Once a student's grade is posted at WOU, the student may order a transcript from WOU's Registrar's Office and have it sent to the university he/she is attending full time. The home campus advisor will determine how the course may be used in a student's academic program. Students should consult their advisors prior to enrolling in a course. The credits you earn from Western Oregon University are Quarter hour credits, not semester credits (2 semester credits = 3 quarter hour credits)

Head coach

thescout23

May 22, 2008
send out emails if you are looking for a scouting gig. Search teams websites and try to contact GM's,coaches,Directors of Player Development, etc.

At the Junior level, most teams want all the help they can get.

My first jobs scouting for teams was more volunteer work, but I managed to get a paying gig after awhile. Work hard and most people will be happy to help move you on.

If you have any sort of resume I would include it.

I got my scouting gigs through playing juniors and meeting ALOT of people along the way. Most of my communication is through email though and in some cases the GM's knew me only as a player and not as a person, but sometimes thats enough to go on.

HeadCoach-
I agree with the advice on the USA hockey coaching seminars. You can meet alot of people that way as well.

And I am on the east coast, scouting for a mid-west team-It's so hard to get a kid to go west,but with the classification changes...some kids have been taking a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00