A.J. Hinch is the Tigers next manager

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
he's definitely one of the more knowledgeable baseball guys around and a good manager but he's gonna carry that stink from houston with him for the rest of his career. it's always gonna come back and be referred to at some point and he and the org will have to work around that.

I guess the Tigers feel he's worth that headache.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
he's definitely one of the more knowledgeable baseball guys around and a good manager but he's gonna carry that stink from houston with him for the rest of his career. it's always gonna come back and be referred to at some point and he and the org will have to work around that.

I guess the Tigers feel he's worth that headache.

As I saw pointed out on ESPN yesterday, LaRussa has had stink on him throughout his career and no one has said much of anything.

Hinch deserved to be fired as one of the figureheads. But I always felt he was going to get a second chance. More so than Cora who seems a far bit more shady.

I feel that Hinch was always the top target for Detroit(he fits everything they have been looking for) but probably didn't feel they would land him. They have interviewed just about everyone under the sun the minute their season ended.

The most surprising thing, to me, is that the White Sox didn't even bother with him.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sox were good to avoid this guy. They're on the verge of being really good and the last thing they need is any stank or controversy Hinch's name will inherently bring.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Tigers are very bad team with not that good prospect pool. Torkelson/Mize good but not much else.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
f*ck MLB for letting this asswipe manage again

Regardless of MLB, I think it's a mistake for a team to take him on though ... it's one thing bringing in a guy with championship pedigree who everyone respects, it's another thing to bring in a guy who either lost control of his locker room, or has shown himself to be just fine with lying. Not to mention it might get old for his players to be frequently asked questions about what they think of their manager's cheating past.

The fact that it turns out he never even got an interview with Chi (wouldn't be surprised if his own side leaked that to make it seem like he was still wanted), and that the only gig he could apparently get was with a rather poor team, suggests that he didn't really have the kind of choices a manager of his on-field record would usually have. He's too tainted for the broadcast booth.

It's gonna be interesting the first time he tries to discipline some diva player who then throws his history back in his face. Or tries to talk about trust or make promises to a locker room full of guys who think he's dishonest. Most players are pros and will do their job, but I don't think he's going to find this gig as pleasant as the last one.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He is a good human, based on what Ive heard him speak of events outside of baseball. All of you haters can keep hating.
yeah, i'm not gonna stop hating on a guy who was at the center of the cheating operation and whose only punishment was to sit out a shortened season

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Tigers are very bad team with not that good prospect pool. Torkelson/Mize good but not much else.
:huh:

They have Torkelson (ranked #4 in MLB’s top 100 prospects) , Mize (#5) , Skubal (#42), Manning (#20) , Greene (#25) and the #3 overall pick this year.

I’m really happy with the Hinch signing.

Last edited:
Reactions: N o o d l e s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad