Friedman: A gm said he would bet the Isles offer sheet TO [Mod Warning in OP - READ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Offer sheet Matthews for a max contract lol.

You give up 4 firsts for Matthews, which is a good deal. Or you force the Leafs to pay Matthews a ridiculous amount. Win-Win.

But they won't do it.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Isles don't have the picks to offer sheet anyone, let alone someone like Nylander

Right. Nylander not an option. They'd have to wait until next year for Marner Matthews.

And I guess the key point would be to drive up their value. Sure the Leafs can match. Sure the player has to sign the offer. But if Marner has an offer in hand from the Isles for 10.1m that sets a price.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Ya missing the boat here..for it to work the player has to sign it LOL they dont then it doesnt effect us..and who would sign it? The answer is no one

Reactions: Cotton

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
is this gm an ex gm, aka Brian Burke?

Highly doubt Lou does it... no one is trying to start a war. If that were the case, Lou would have went after Minnesota back in the day for taking Parise. :huh:

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
You realize why I specifically offer him 4 years don't you ;) If the leafs offer him 8 years at 11M I offer him 4 years at 12 :)

I don't. Why 4 years? I can see this happening if Marner and Matthews aren't locked up. Some GM would throw an offer sheet at one, hoping the other frees up. DW did this to the Hawks with Niemi and Hjalmarsson.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
NY Islanders
NY Islander
NY slander
NY lander
Nylander

3732DFDA-C4FD-47E5-8B6C-42A89B530967.png

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just like they all said the feeling among executives is Tavares will re-Sign with the isles.

No ones offer sheeting anyone. The player would actually have to agree to it as well. And it would cost draft pick compensation.

I get he feeling that these TOR players will take less money to keep this core together.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Okay..... good luck with that.
Ignoring that you would need to get them to sign the offer sheet.

Offer sheet Nylander and we match, then trade him next summer. Beyond that Mathews and Marner will get extended before they ever get the chance to be sent an offer sheet.
I see zero reason why Mathews and Marner would ever sign before next year.

By what I’ve read on these boards they’re going to have even better stats this year. So why would they do that?

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
He should. Not for revenge but because The Leafa cannot afford to keep all 4 players including JT when 2 of them are going to be paid 11M + and the other trying to hit a home run close to 10. At worst it forces the Leafs to match. And that is a hard decision they will have to make.

So a glimmer of hope against the leafs and out busts TWS! Welcome back, how was your last 28 hours?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He should. Not for revenge but because The Leafa cannot afford to keep all 4 players including JT when 2 of them are going to be paid 11M + and the other trying to hit a home run close to 10. At worst it forces the Leafs to match. And that is a hard decision they will have to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad