A GM’s guide to NOT making a trade

Nem10

Jan 17, 2017
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/goes-brown-gms-guide-not-making-trade/

Well the Jets are getting into the final days of their season with continued terrible goal tending and .500 Coaching. I found this hits close to home as these are some of the excuses people use to defend doing nothing for the longest time and waiting till next year because that's when it will get better. I also agree that teams have been willing to make big trades or be aggressive with coaching changes and players have come out ahead to get to the top.

Nem10

Jan 17, 2017
Oh its just the coaching thats .500? whats the skaters' record then?

To which skater are you referring to? The goal tending?

PLAYER GP W L OTL GAA TOI SV SV%
Connor Hellebuyck 38 17 15 1 2.79 2018:55 936 .909
Michael Hutchinson 20 4 10 3 3.23 1002:03 456 .894
Ondrej Pavelec 8 4 4 0 3.55 439:30 207 .888

Guess who we are constantly starting? Good old Pavelec because he "changes the team ahead of him" or some ******** excuse. Yet you look at Helle and even when shaky still has a better SV.

Paul Maurice's Record?
Games Won Lost Tied OT /SO Points %
NHL total 1338 581 560 99 98 .508

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/goes-brown-gms-guide-not-making-trade/

Well the Jets are getting into the final days of their season with continued terrible goal tending and .500 Coaching. I found this hits close to home as these are some of the excuses people use to defend doing nothing for the longest time and waiting till next year because that's when it will get better. I also agree that teams have been willing to make big trades or be aggressive with coaching changes and players have come out ahead to get to the top.

Man, I just don't understand Winnipeg, they need a new coach.

They have some quality two way forwards up front.

They have depth on D

They were supposed to have the best goalie prospects ever

They are still mediocre. They are so much less than the sum of their parts

Nem10

Jan 17, 2017
Man, I just don't understand Winnipeg, they need a new coach.

They have some quality two way forwards up front.

They have depth on D

They were supposed to have the best goalie prospects ever

They are still mediocre. They are so much less than the sum of their parts

And instead of being proactive, Montreal who was leading their division fires their head coach while we are at the bottom but being meddling is just OKAY.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Holy **** Hutchinson's stats blows. I have commented here before that Jets have three fringe staters on their goalies but Hutchinson shouldn't be even that.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I used to enjoy reading Down Goes Brown, but man has he gotten repetitive lately. I swear every article he writes is either about the lack of trades or the loser point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad