NHL Entry Draft A fun idea maybe for this years and future drafts?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There's no draft thread yet (I don't think) but I had a fun idea maybe people want to be a part of? I was thinking of creating a thread near draft day, and everyone posts who they would have taken with the Sens picks in the drafts. This would hopefully be over the course of at least 5 years, and then we can go back and see which poster is ending up having the best draft, and we can compare our own picks to that of our peers and the Ottawa Senators and see how we do? We could even do a little tourney or something, or a vote to see who had the best draft. All for fun of course.

A couple rules I am thinking of:
-No fantasy trades or anything like that, you take your player with the Sens pick based on real life and who's available.
-Just post all of your picks after the draft ends round by round, and just keep track of them yourself too.

Anyone interested? Fun idea?​

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
There's no draft thread yet (I don't think) but I had a fun idea maybe people want to be a part of? I was thinking of creating a thread near draft day, and everyone posts who they would have taken with the Sens picks in the drafts. This would hopefully be over the course of at least 5 years, and then we can go back and see which poster is ending up having the best draft, and we can compare our own picks to that of our peers and the Ottawa Senators and see how we do? We could even do a little tourney or something, or a vote to see who had the best draft. All for fun of course.

A couple rules I am thinking of:
-No fantasy trades or anything like that, you take your player with the Sens pick based on real life and who's available.
-Just post all of your picks after the draft ends round by round, and just keep track of them yourself too.

Anyone interested? Fun idea?​
We've done Sens board mock drafts in the past. Those are always fun.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
We've done Sens board mock drafts in the past. Those are always fun.

Yeah I didn’t know that. I figured maybe actually tracking over the years by poster and also not allowing fantasy type stuff might make this a little bit different and have a twist.

Unless I am mistaken and we already do this, otherwise never mind I’m late to the party!

Spezza

Dec 13, 2002
Ottawa <-> Scotland
Is it not slightly different than a mock though. Is Peter not suggesting something like after the draft, you take the sens picks.
(lets say 1, 22, 63, etc) and say you'd have picked based on who was available?

Reactions: lancepitlick

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Is it not slightly different than a mock though. Is Peter not suggesting something like after the draft, you take the sens picks.
(lets say 1, 22, 63, etc) and say you'd have picked based on who was available?

Yup! so no trading picks or anything like that, the Sens picks in this years and future drafts are everyone's picks. It gets rid of outside variables and makes it different from a standard mock draft. Maybe not as interactive as a mock, but I think the fun would be the actual results down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad