WWE: A&E Biography, Rivals, SmackTalk

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Figured a thread on its own made more sense then posting in the RAW and Smackdown thread. The DX biography is on tonight. Not a ton of new information. A bit surprised there is as much Joanie Laurer content there is - including commentary from her mother. Hunter and Shawn saying a lot of positive things about her.

At 10pm it's an hour on the Foley/HHH rivlary.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Started with Season 1 last year, decent enough series. Obviously they are partnered with WWE, so there are limits on what guys can say.

Kurt Angle sounds like a big dope now. Not sure if its an after effect from the drugs.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I absolutely love the show. Season one was great and has been season two. I was born in 1983 and the show really makes me reminisce my teen years.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The biography's are pretty good and most of em don't pull punches. The rivalry one is good for a nostalgia ride when you're not doing much. Never watched smacktalk

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Man, I totally forgot Chyna died.

DX one was decent, feel like if this was made w/o WWE as a partner it would have been better tho.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The biography's are pretty good and most of em don't pull punches. The rivalry one is good for a nostalgia ride when you're not doing much. Never watched smacktalk

Smack Talk is...fine. Not a ton to it, but in for a penny in for a pound if I'm half asleep on the couch at 11pm on a Sunday.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I've watched Angle , Edge , Lex Luger , DX , Goldberg & Undertaker episodes so far. I never really watched A&E but I watch these online on streaming sites to cut out all the commercials. I have to say im pretty hooked on this series and will deff watch season 1 when season 2 ends. They don't really back too much when they dive into things and they manage to dig up some pretty old photos/video of the wrestlers from 30 plus years ago. They interrview old trainers/friends and family members too. The show is so well put together and produced , every epsidoe has been fascinating. I feel wrestling fans of old would still enjoy watching this as well.

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI
I watched the Edge one the other day and don't remember anything on his first 2 marriages or Lita/ Matt Hardy. It seems the other ones were not as sugarcoated as this episode.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I watched the Edge one the other day and don't remember anything on his first 2 marriages or Lita/ Matt Hardy. It seems the other ones were not as sugarcoated as this episode.

I noticed that too, especially the Hardy/Lita stuff. That said, the "story" was his comeback so maybe they felt the other stuff wasn't all that relevant to what they were trying to say. They touched on it on Rivals - that Edge/Lita were together for the Cena rivalry - and also with it water under the bridge now, probably felt less relevant.

Reactions: coupe89

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

IIRC there was some bad blood there. Edge cheated on his then wife with Lita, who was with Matt at the time. Then WWE just ran with it.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
IIRC there was some bad blood there. Edge cheated on his then wife with Lita, who was with Matt at the time. Then WWE just ran with it.
Ran with it.....lol

That's putting it mildly. Can you imagine being Matt Hardy watching in the back during this segment?

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Catching the end of the Wrestlemania I biography from last night. Lots of well tilled ground if you're a fan. Funny, though, that Hogan had to babysit Mr. T. all day and make sure he didn't leave the building.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
I like these show's from a Nostaligic perspective but they are heavily WWE narrated (not surprising). The WWF vs WCW episode downplayed just how much WCW was kicking their butts back in the day.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
New season kicks off Sunday night. Biography on the nWo, and Rivals on Hogan v. Andre

Next weekend: Biography on Jake the Snake, rivals on Undertaker and Mankind.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Not a ton of new ground covered in the nWo documentary. Nash talking about Hall's death at the end was tough, even tougher knowing what was to come, Hogan feigning ignorance about Starrcade 1997 was very on brand....brother.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hogan feigning ignorance about Starrcade 1997 was very on brand....brother.
Hogan saying that he always did " what was best for the business " with a straight face was absolutely sickening. I really wish somebody called that fraud on it but once again he completely lies about something and gets away with it. :thumbd:

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Hogan saying that he always did " what was best for the business " with a straight face was absolutely sickening. I really wish somebody called that fraud on it but once again he completely lies about something and gets away with it. :thumbd:
He’s like the goat. He gets to get away with that shit.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
He's not the GOAT in my opinion which is why I have no problem calling him on his continual string of BS. :nod:
I agree he is a total piece of shit. I just happen to believe that nobody alive is more known by nearly everyone as the big name of wrestling to this day. Not even Stone Cold. Not even The Rock.

Reactions: BruinDust

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I agree he is a total piece of shit. I just happen to believe that nobody alive is more known by nearly everyone as the big name of wrestling to this day. Not even Stone Cold. Not even The Rock.
I sort of agree with the bolded above but just because you are well known doesn't mean that you are the GOAT. Is Justin Bieber the Goat, is Drake the GOAT, is Tom Cruise the GOAT - they are all well known and amongst the biggest names out there but ( at least in my humble opinion ) they are all far from being the GOAT in their respective fields.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I sort of agree with the bolded above but just because you are well known doesn't mean that you are the GOAT. Is Justin Bieber the Goat, is Drake the GOAT, is Tom Cruise the GOAT - they are all well known and amongst the biggest names out there but ( at least in my humble opinion ) they are all far from being the GOAT in their respective fields.
I guess my definition of goat is very narrowly specific for this particular post of mine.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

The 3 biggest things that ever came down wrestling's turnpike IMO are:

Hulkamania/Wrestlemania

Austin vs. McMahon

nWo storyline

Fact is, Hogan is at the forefront of two out of three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad