GDT: A Devil of a Time: Boston Bruins vs. New Jersey Devils|1/29 @7pm ET|NESN(HD),98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Tough back to back game tonight against the ageless wonder young Marty Brodeur.

What a pick 20th overall in the 1990 draft, and with the 21st pick the Boston Bruins pick Bryan Smolinski, I loved that guy.

I have Elias and Zajac in my pool, which I am destroying in, so if anyone from the Devils are going to get points I hope it is them.

Overally I think this will be very tight, but I will give the Bruins a 2-1 victory over the evil Devils:madfire:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins prep for tonight's date with Devils
Look for Tuukka Rask in net for Boston, following Anton Khudobin's debut Monday night. According to coach Claude Julien, none of his charges suffered an injury in the win at Raleigh, meaning all hands are on deck and available for duty against the ever-diligent Devils.

"They always play a heavy game," said Julien, referring to the Devils.

Chris Bourque has yet to collect a point in his five games with the Spoked-B, but Julien believes the Son of Seventy-Seven is getting better each and every game. Julien also thinks the play of Bourque's linemates, Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley, could be sharper, which could help Bourque get his production going.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/?p1=SportsNav_Index_BruinsBlog

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Tough back to back game tonight against the ageless wonder young Marty Brodeur.

What a pick 20th overall in the 1990 draft, and with the 21st pick the Boston Bruins pick Bryan Smolinski, I loved that guy.

I have Elias and Zajac in my pool, which I am destroying in, so if anyone from the Devils are going to get points I hope it is them.

Overally I think this will be very tight, but I will give the Bruins a 2-1 victory over the evil Devils:madfire:

I believe Hedberg is starting.

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
David Clarkson ‏@DavidClarkson23

I noticed Devils fans in their GDT mention "swarming them" in order to win. What is this in reference to?

Devils coach Pete DeBoer is behind the phrase "Swarm It Up" that is the team's playoff mantra and is printed on the back of players' new tee-shirts and sweat shirts.

"That's one of the things that comes out of our coach's mouth the most," goalie Martin Brodeur explained. "I think that's the way we play defense. Try to play well and outnumber people in the corners of the ice.

"He always uses that term, so we figured we're going to use that for our slogan in the playoffs."

Article here

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Thornton vs. Clarkson

Want Lucic to focus on the game & stop fighting bums

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
I believe Hedberg is starting.

s-MHEDBERG-large300.jpg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thornton vs. Clarkson

Want Lucic to focus on the game & stop fighting bums

Clarkson is far from a bum, Looch vs a John Scott.....now there`s a tilt that is one in which win or not, Looch has no business getting in (not because I would be worried about him handling himself) when it involves a pilon like Scott.

I`m sniffin a Chara vs Scott beatdown<<<< not a fair trade off but would be worth it to watch

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thanks for the heads up, the Devils must have the oldest goaltender tandem in the league. Between Brodeur and Hedberg they put the games played of Scrivens and Reimer to shame.

letting in 5-7 goals does that for Scrivens/Reimer:sarcasm:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD

McQuaid was home in Maritimes to attend his grandma's funeral. Now on Causeway, available for duty, if Julien so chooses.

Schalkenullvier*

:cry:
I'm still upset I didn't go to Prague. God, I hate myself for that. :shakehead

yeah I'm still kicking myself for that. It may be a while until the NHL returns to europe or I am able to go to Boston sometime.

It was fun.. What a beautiful city !

that's for sure! Prague is often overlooked I think by Americans making their Euro-trip (along with vienna and seville, but I disgress), but it's a majestic city. Great old buildings, small alleys, and home to the world's best beer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad