GDT: A Dano and Pepe Vacation: Devils @ Flames 4pm MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018

Without Smith someone will have the responsibility of taking the 3rd period offensive zone penalty lol. Holtz shouldn't be playing on the 4th line. It really should be Meier but we need to find a way to get Meier going. Haula plays well with Hughes but Meier was playing good with Hughes before he got hurt. Meier probably isn't thrilled to be getting 3rd line minutes but his play on the ice doesn't necessarily deserve a promotion. You could easily swap him and Haula though. We didn't sign him longterm to play on the 3rd line....

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
You gotta play Vitek today. As shit as he's been he's like 9-5 in regulation. Should beat Calgary despite his current level of a shit perfomer. Tommorow you gotta save your better goalie for a hit Edmonton team that is rested and waiting. They have a long layoff and came out ablaze v.s Carolina. Akira is more up for the task even if he happens to get caved in. Need a solid effort and win today to carry as much momentum and mojo as possible.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Vitek is right call. The middle game of a 3 in 4 is a good spot for the back up because is maximizes rest. It also saves the better goalie for the stronger opponent with more rest. We aren’t is a position to punt games.
I don't disagree.

I think it just feels like no game is safe to play Vitek anymore, unless the other goalie is having an off night (Demko) or we just play spectacularly (Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Buffalo) and he's not really needed to do much.

Of course, we don't want Schmid to play a back to back again like last night, certainly not one that's only 24 hours later and with travel, no matter how short that travel may be.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I'd like to get to Calgary again. I was there for the 1988 winter games. I was just a kid, my father's company was doing work for CTV there. But I recall it as a small city, western, great burgers and steaks due to all the ranching nearby. Our hotel was higher up and we could look out the window over a bunch of not much to the small compact downtown. I bet it's much larger now than then!
Definitely much larger though a little bit empty. The flood in 2013 and the oil drop in the late 2010's made lots of the office buildings empty. still very bustling ont he street though. The Ski Jump Hill in the city is always a favorite of mine.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
1702155608459.gif

Vitek needs to save at a .900 clip

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg
Too late to get a predict the score in? 7-3 CAL.

Vitek will murder us yet again. Wolf is a fantastic young goalie prospect. Reminds me of a young Petr Mrazek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad