Post-Game Talk: A convincing loss

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
What an odd game to have witnessed.

If ever I had to guess a team was dealing with something behind the scenes this was it. Be it nerves from trade deadline coming, illness, hangover, or some tragedy god forbid.

They looked to be skating in mud and just out of sorts.

Throw this one in the dumper and hope for Health either physically or mentally for the next one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What an odd game to have witnessed.

If ever I had to guess a team was dealing with something behind the scenes this was it. Be it nerves from trade deadline coming, illness, hangover, or some tragedy god forbid.

They looked to be skating in mud and just out of sorts.

Throw this one in the dumper and hope for Health either physically or mentally for the next one.
The oilers have had a ton of travel and packed shedule lately. You can't get up for every game. There are times in an 82 game schedule where your opponent will have more legs than you do. To their Credit Columbus played a decent game, and they have been lately. This is the NHL and these are pros. Sometimes its the opponents influencing a result. With superstar talent we lose sight of that.

Not saying this part to you but other fans have to see their club losing games 6-0, 7-0. this never happens with the Oilers and we don't even have to endure that nature of game. It was a one goal game adn people were saying it was "disgusting". If the Oilers had an extra goal all the comments would be different.

The Oilers had to travel just for the Pittsburgh home game making this feel like a 6 game road trip. Living out of bags for awhile. Its March, ebbs in energy can occur.

Last edited:

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
The oilers have had a ton of travel and packed shedule lately. You can't get up for every game. There are times in an 82 game schedule where your opponent will have more legs than you do. To their Credit Columbus played a decent game, and they have been lately. This is the NHL and these are pros. Sometimes its the opponents influencing a result. With superstar talent we lose sight of that.

Not saying this part to you but other fans have to see their club losing games 6-0, 7-0. this never happens with the Oilers and we don't even have to endure that nature of game. It was a one goal game adn people were saying it was "disgusting". If the Oilers had an extra goal all the comments would be different.
Agreed. Oilers just played a stellar game against Boston too.

Some of us have such short term memories. Oilers just went through a stretch where they beat the top team in the central, beat a hot LA team, and played two great games against Boston.

They'll find their game. I'm a bit worried about team speed, and Henrique wasn't super impressive last night, but I think he'll find a spot, he has a great shot.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013

The Oilers had to travel just for the Pittsburgh home game making this feel like a 6 game road trip. Living out of bags for awhile. Its March, ebbs in energy can occur.
I completely agree, every team will lose games like this in the season it's just part of the season. We aren't going to get perfection and it's not like the Jackets have been bad lately. They've beat some good teams, that's March for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Funny moment in game yesterday. Game call:

"That isn't your ordinary forecheck from Corey Perry"

He was behind net on his ass and holding onto sticks of two Columbus defenders. One in each hand. I laughed so hard.

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying. Perry fell down and didn't give up on play. Guy will do anything. I think the puck was even under his ass.

Good for Connor. Draisaitl should have stayed on the ice as well to get extra work in.
pffft. Drai was out with the new players getting acquainted. McD is hanging around with 50 snot rockets getting measles or the flu. ;)

I know which I'd rather see. Nice that Drai and Holland and Janmark were the ones introducing when the new players got to the hotel to meet the club.

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad